All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, So how do I use this this correctly and understand the settings a bolt should be? For instance teh flywheel bolt is :

65Nm + 30 deg. + 15 deg.

So if I am not wrong I have to tighten to 65 NM, ( do I fully tighten the bolt first? ) and then what does it mean by 30 + 15 deg?

A bit of a noob question and as far as my research goes I don't get much of it. Apparently I need another type of wrench.

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
As in, turn the torque wrench 30 degrees, then 15 I believe. :)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As in, turn the torque wrench 30 degrees, then 15 I believe. :)
But say I fully tighten the wrench and it wont go no more and it slips/click then how would I further tighten it 30+15? Do I not just tighten it 45 Degrees or does 30+15 mean I tighten all bolts at 30 degrees then all bolts a further 15?

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
OK, So how do I use this this correctly and understand the settings a bolt should be? For instance teh flywheel bolt is :

65Nm + 30 deg. + 15 deg.

So if I am not wrong I have to tighten to 65 NM, ( do I fully tighten the bolt first? ) and then what does it mean by 30 + 15 deg?

A bit of a noob question and as far as my research goes I don't get much of it. Apparently I need another type of wrench.
tighten bolt to 65nm.

buy angle gauge

turn to 30 deg.

then to 15deg.

is this for a flywheel?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
It's 3 different settings, in which you need to turn the bolt by

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks all.

Yes, its for a flywheel bolt on a c20xe.

Do I do them one at a time or is there a sequence to tightening all the bolts as like a normal car wheel?

Do I tighten all the bolts to 65nm, then all of them a further 30 then all of them a further 15 or just do one at a time?

EDIT: IS this the right one that I need?

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
How on earth are you doing an engine conversion if you don't have a clue how to use a torque wrench?

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How on earth are you doing an engine conversion if you don't have a clue how to use a torque wrench?
I'm sorry, I wasn't born with some kind of matrix chips inside my brain with the know hows.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Work around doing oppisites first 65nm go around them all then all 30 degrees and then all 15 degrees
Thanks. I see, It's not as hard as I thought then tbh.

Just going to be a mission trying to take them off, I might have to use a impact driver or do what you said which is set another ratchet up on the opposite setting and hopefully it will come off that way.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Tbf, you don't really need one for a simple engine swap

Reactions: ibysmalls

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Why has it become popular to rip on iby about knowledge and learning new things all of a sudden?? Leave the lad alone to learn what he wants to learn in whatever way he wants to learn it.

I didn't get this abuse when I started my xe build a year ago...

If you're not offering help then leave iby alone and stop commenting on how and what he's doing.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
Instead of using two different wrenches, could he not set the torque to 65, fully tighten it so it clicks, and then turn the wrench torque to the max and use the same wrench to go 30 degrees, then another 15 degrees?

Reactions: ibysmalls

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Instead of using two different wrenches, could he not set the torque to 65, fully tighten it so it clicks, and then turn the wrench torque to the max and use the same wrench to go 30 degrees, then another 15 degrees?
Yes, that's what I do and never had issues. If I have it to hand I've also got a 2.5foot breaker bar thats good for angle tightening. Some people say it puts undue strain on the torque wrench, which I'd agree with, but tbh if the wrench goes up that high in torque then it must be capable of it.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
i use a torque wrench as a weapon, it sits under the passenger seat of the del sol :laugh: not sure if thats much use to you!

·
Registered
260 Posts
Agree with Dragon on this one.

I've half stripped a Capri, and no previous experience in this sort of thing, but with help from friends.

Remember to set you Torque Wrench back to 0 when your finished, leaving them at a high torque settings over time can effect the settings.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Hang on a minute, no-one has ever had a go about ibys asking for help, only giving misleading help to others.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Tbf, you don't really need one for a simple engine swap
Yeah that's right. I've only needed it now as I'm replacing flywheel and changing pulleys etc or else if it's built there is no need :)

Why has it become popular to rip on iby about knowledge and learning new things all of a sudden?? Leave the lad alone to learn what he wants to learn in whatever way he wants to learn it.

I didn't get this abuse when I started my xe build a year ago...

If you're not offering help then leave iby alone and stop commenting on how and what he's doing.
Thanks Dave, seriously man and it's not the first time. Not sure at all why. It's not like I always act like a di** with everyone to get some shit back.

That is a good idea. Saves me waiting for the angle thing to arrive!

i use a torque wrench as a weapon, it sits under the passenger seat of the del sol :laugh: not sure if thats much use to you!
Haha. I can see it being in good use then lol ;)

Agree with Dragon on this one.

I've half stripped a Capri, and no previous experience in this sort of thing, but with help from friends.

Remember to set you Torque Wrench back to 0 when your finished, leaving them at a high torque settings over time can effect the settings.
I will put it back to normal after use. Never thought it would affect it and yeah, In space of 1 year driving I have had 4 corsas and enjoyed every bolt of it. Gained much experience thanks to the likes of Dave, Vegas, Rob etc etc on here. Allcorsa is the forum i use the most but sometimes certain comments gets you down a bit but never the less, a forum is to make friends, get help and help others. - it's not to put people down or to create and point out differences i.e point and laugh.

Thanks for all the advice and help and over the internet I find it very nice of people to stick up for me and appreciate it much although none of you personally know me.

:welcome:

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hang on a minute, no-one has ever had a go about ibys asking for help, only giving misleading help to others.
ok. Honestly I'm not going to go through this. This thread is in regards with a torque wrench. I actually dont give two coins about the other thing that happened anymore and like dave said , if you don't have anything helpful to say please kindly dont. x

1 - 20 of 22 Posts