All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there i have a corsa b 1999 with a serious fault ....the engine is hunting all the time i have had the egr valve off and cleaned it also changed the throttle position sensor but its still hunting cant find an air leak anywhere so at my witts end plus its been on 3 different diagnostics but no faults :mad:please help been told to coke the egr off

·
Registered
149 Posts
I took the EGR off my car and gave it a really good clean, got loads of crap out, got it looking shiny. Made zero difference. Got a new one and it's working a treat.

Have you had the fault codes read? Do these have an ICV?

·
Registered
4 Posts
get a can of easy start and spray the whole intake from the air box to the inlet manifold including the small vacuum pipe connected to the manifold and intake pipes whilst the engine is running, if the car revs up and the hunting stops you have found the vacuum leak as it will suck in the ether (easy start) and correct the extra air being sucked in.

it sounds more like a vacuum issue than anything else, when air passes the air flow meter it adjusted the fueling to suit, so if you have a small even tiny vacuum leak there after in the system extra air will be in the mix hence the lack of fuel, the air/fuel ratio should be 14.7 part air to 1 part fuel (lambda 14.7:1)

if not i would be looking at a idle control valve/steeper motor

best thing to do is take it and have it plugged in to a diagnostics, may cost you £25 but would save a lot of head scratching

·
Banned
273 Posts
Mine has a similar fault. It idles fast then slow, even when driving the speed drops then it picks up again.
You switch off and return after say 30 mins and it runs perfectly normally...this doesn't happen every time you drive the car, so I can't identify the fault.. Has anyone experienced this on a corsa b ?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.