All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
It's taken a few weeks, but I absolutely LOVE my "D". It's brilliant!!!

Monday morning it saved my life. I'd have been dead or near-dead if I'd have been in the "B"...

It's cornering capabilities are absolutely fabulous, and truely astounding

The story - around 5am - pitch black - narrow fairly twisty road.

The section where my lapse happened is a series of lengthy bends left and right, no identifying sections, like houses or sign posts or anything before this really tight (more than 90 degrees) corner where the option of going straight on would give you a small bank (1 foot) and then a deep ditch shrubs and trees. Normally I take this corner at around 30mph in third.

Basically I had lost awareness of where I was in the series of corners and suddenly realised I was on this corner, literally. In 5th doing around 50mph.

I wrenched the steering wheel right and a tiny left correction later I found myself and the car on the straight again, my heart pounding and the adrenaline doing it's stuff...

I still can't believe I got round the corner and I still don't know how....

I know I wouldn't have if the road had been wet - but that's the only "luck" I had - the rest of it was 100% the car.

J.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Some twat in a Volvo was in the slow lane & i was in the fast lane. I was coming up to the traffic lights where he was sitting and they changed green so i put my foot down. The arse thought it'd be funny to try and undertake me. I was going fast enough. We were neck and neck all the way down the dual carriageway & he wouldn't give in. I nearly bounced round the corner into the central reservation, not good especially with spongy Corsa b suspension :shocked:

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
hahaha. sorry just the way you said it bounced round the bend lolz!

did you bang it off the limiter lyds corsa b?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i could of done tha in my B
My "B" definitely wouldn't have made that corner - it would have oversteered - badly - the tail would have swung out and hit the bank and flipped. I know - it did it to me before on much less of a corner, although the circumstances were different and the road wide enough to do a 180 without hitting anything, just gently bumped the opposite side of the road, facing the other way. Not too scary because the road was wide enough to do that.

The "B" always gave me the feeling of a reluctance to corner, they sort of lean away from the corner and drag themselves around - most of the time they make it :)

Now the "D" is a totally different beast, it gives a very positive feel on corners, sort of pulls itself into the bend and gives you the feeling of "is that the worst you can throw at me?"...

Anyway, I'm glad I was in a D and not a B on Monday...

J.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The "B" always gave me the feeling of a reluctance to corner, they sort of lean away from the corner and drag themselves around - most of the time they make it :)
I'll qualify that - the "B" in this instance was a 1.2LX.

The 1.6 Nova GTE I had (a long time ago) was in a totally different class, now that cornered brilliantly.

J.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Some twat in a Volvo was in the slow lane & i was in the fast lane. I was coming up to the traffic lights where he was sitting and they changed green so i put my foot down. The arse thought it'd be funny to try and undertake me. I was going fast enough. We were neck and neck all the way down the dual carriageway & he wouldn't give in. I nearly bounced round the corner into the central reservation, not good especially with spongy Corsa b suspension :shocked:
Why didnt you just ease off and let him undertake you :confused: No point putting yourself in danger for t**ts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
My "B" definitely wouldn't have made that corner - it would have oversteered - badly - the tail would have swung out and hit the bank and flipped. I know - it did it to me before on much less of a corner, although the circumstances were different and the road wide enough to do a 180 without hitting anything, just gently bumped the opposite side of the road, facing the other way. Not too scary because the road was wide enough to do that.

Now the "D" is a totally different beast, it gives a very positive feel on corners, sort of pulls itself into the bend and gives you the feeling of "is that the worst you can throw at me?"...

Anyway, I'm glad I was in a D and not a B on Monday...

J.
Did you have same alloys and tyres on your B?

If it was the standard skinny wheels and tyres you had on the B then obviously your is going to have less grip etc than the D does :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
You shouldnt bounce it off the limiter really, its not good for the motor. Lyds i think the pr*ck in the volvo thought about giving it some because you drive a corsa with alloy wheels etc, quite a typical "chavish" car (dont take offence lyds you car is great, im just sayin it from an old man point of view :D ) so thought that he'd act a ***, i get it alot on the way to work. Usually middle age men try to do me at the lights kinda to "put me in my place" sorta thing because i drive a modified corsa.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Do you know what you have to do when they do that. Just laugh at them to show them how pathetic they are lol. They drive fast cars if theyre business men, going to beat us arent they, dumb ****s.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Did you have same alloys and tyres on your B?

If it was the standard skinny wheels and tyres you had on the B then obviously your is going to have less grip etc than the D does
No, just standard steel wheels and tyres, not particularly skinny.

The suspension is vastly improved on the "D", it just basically handles better.

J.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
You shouldnt bounce it off the limiter really, its not good for the motor. Lyds i think the pr*ck in the volvo thought about giving it some because you drive a corsa with alloy wheels etc, quite a typical "chavish" car (dont take offence lyds you car is great, im just sayin it from an old man point of view :D ) so thought that he'd act a ***, i get it alot on the way to work. Usually middle age men try to do me at the lights kinda to "put me in my place" sorta thing because i drive a modified corsa.
Yeah I know what you mean. I was being a bit of an idiot trying to race the car though :shocked:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts