All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My lil 1.0 corsa has some strange noise coming from the back (I think :rolleyes: ) Basically when i pull off in 1st or slow dwn in first, it makes a horrible "rubbing metel" noise when it lurches. It sounds sumat to do with the suspension. I could be wrong? Any suggestion peeps as its doing my heard in..

·
Registered
224 Posts
i have a similar problem and thought that the alloys i put on was the problem got them checked and balanced. then i noticed that my bracket was lose and that was the problem. the was a rattle when i started in first gear but when others where in the car it sounds like a rubbing. hope this helps.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
It's either your exhaust, or a spring. I had this problem and I took it down a garage because I had a 2 year warranty on my exhaust thinking it was that, so they cut some metal away but it kept grinding so they had a better look and it was a spring £20 to make a new one and fit was sorted.

Mine used to be really noticeable when reversing slowly. Sounds damaging lol.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok what bracket was this?? Where is it located?

Also what spring?? as in suspension spring, or some other little clip?? :confused:

·
Registered
224 Posts
if you jack up the back tyre nearest your exhaust. get under the car and have a look at your back box you will see the exhaust bracket clearly then. then just gently move your exhaust side to side if it moves a lot you now your bracket needs tightening up.

(if you have a hydraulic jack lift the hole back end of your car up, put some supports under the jacking points so there is no chance the car can fall off the jack and land on you). or if you are feeling lazy take it to an exhaust centre and ask them to take a look, shouldnt charge you anything for just looking).

springs are just your suspension springs mate. also what is your offset on your alloys and tyre dimensions as it could be that as well.

hope this helps and doesnt waffle on to much:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
in all honestly i think its my exhaust. Earlier on my mate was reversin it for me, and it was shaking around like a bitch.. So that will be first try..Cheers m8:thumbs_up:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts