All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone know where I could buy a speaker upgrade kit for my 52 plate Corsa? I know several companies used to make them for other cars but that was a few years ago.

I don't want to cut holes in any trim so any help would be greatly appreciated! Oh and I don't want to change the stock CD Player.

THANKS

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
if your going to buy components then you would usually connect them to an amp, otherwise there would be little point in buying them, as you are getting a fraction of their performance, but the problem is your keeping the standard player so i dont think you can connect an amp, therefore your not gettin the best performance, so that basically rules them out

·
Registered
497 Posts
Well, they would still sound better than the standard speakers, even if you aren't using them to their full potential. I've got mine running off the head unit at the mo (not standard head unit) and they go quite a bit louder and the quality is definitely better than the standard speakers, I will get them amped in time, but at the mo I don't know how to get the wire into the door lol. So in my view it's worth it even if you don't connect them to an amp.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh

I agree that a new head unit and speakers would be better! but the wife wants me to keep the original head unit and speakers, so I thought I could stick some new speakers in and get better sound without her noticing! LOL.

Apparently it's a waste of money! Wonder if I could say that when she wants her hair cutting or dying?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You can get a set of speakers from halfords for £25. Will be an improvement over standard speakers aswell.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
We're really in the humourous mood arn't we?

Thanks for your answers Lee and ??? oh yes it must be Lee.

How many times have you been to Halfords and said "I need some speakers 4" by 4" and 2" deep? Remeber they have to fit in the old holes and they also have to have the correct OHMS as the originals!

Oh, and yes, my car has SIX speakers! 25 x 3 = £75 NOT £25, yeah alright two are tweeters and not full speakers but hey what the hek! (sorry went a bit American there!)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Obviously I'm not to know that you meant the whole car. Also you can get conversion brackets that allow certain sized speakers to fit into your standard speaker pods.

Have you tried a search on ebay for specific sized speakers?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.