All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I fitted my C16SE into my SRi, I kept my old 1.4 engine loom and have had no problems. However, one thing is bugging me. I have no idea what a connector on the inlet manifold does/is and wondered if anyone could enlighten me. Don't get me wrong, this is purely out of curiosity...the engine is running beautifully.

It's the metal part on the right of the inlet manifold that is a 2 pin connector. Nothing is currently plugged into it as you can see. What the hell is it? :laugh:

Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Have you got a closer pic.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry Lee I haven't mate :( I'll grab one tomorrow and up it.

Got no idea what it is and it's bugging me :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
With it being on the intake manifold side I would guess it may be something to do with the air.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm....could it possibly be the sensor that is currently on the rubber sleeve from the throttle body to the air filter? I have the sensor on there but can't remember if I used the rubber from the 1.4....

Maybe the Astra (donor vehicle for C16SE) doesn't have the sensor in the same location (ie. on the manifold itself and not on the rubber sleeve)?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Sounds possible.

·
Registered
393 Posts
just a guess, but it looks like an intake air temperature sensor, any chance you could pull it out and take a close up pic?
shouldn't make much (if at all) difference being disconnected.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think I hit the nail on the head in my last post....I think on the Astra loom it attachs to the manifold but on my Corsa it attaches on to the rubber inlet sleeve :thumbs_up:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts