All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right i was driving through bolton the other day with the mrs in the passenger seat and these chavs pulled up next to me at the lights in this banged up old golf and started reving!
Me being myself i just thought wat a twat lol wen the lights changed to green i shot off and then he screamed past me as i saw 1.6 on his boot and i drive a 1.2 and felt like the biggest twat ever!

Has anyone had this happen to them and how did you deal with it? :(

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
best way is to just ignore them cos knowing how the chav's drive up here in Aberdeen - you'll no doubt see them again in a few weeks with their car smashed into a lamp post or something :laugh:

·
15,023 Posts
Just rev up, look at them then look forward, when the lights change pull away normally. Always makes me laugh.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea and it must have been a £200 car max i just felt like abit of a idiot thats all in my nice looking car thats as quick as a bus :mad:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i wasnt the only one who wanted a X2e conversion and to leave my 1.2 badges on ha ha :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
LOL well some BMW pulled up next to me when i had a bird in the car, turns out he was in a 318, he's revving up so i think fuk it, may aswell have a bash, he was that interested in laughing with his mates, he missed the lights go green and i done him! Although he did catch me up and overtake me, was still hillarious! :D:D:D

·
15,023 Posts
Drop a 1.6 or let in it. Not much else you can do really, depending how much you are willing to spend though ask deathscythe

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lmao thats top Corsa J!

hmmm well i only plan on having the car another 2 years and i wana get the tints done and stick a good system in there so im willing to spend another 2k!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
For 2k mate, you could deffo get an engine conversion done!

·
15,023 Posts
For 2k and only keeping the car two years, your probably better off going for a 1.6. With your age and insurance it would be cheaper and easier.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea thats the only problem im payin a fortune on insurance now and im a student so money is tight so id prefer to stick to the 1.2 just wish i kud make it faster :(

·
15,023 Posts
Yer I know exactly what you mean, I would love to fit a z20let in my car(hopefully will do 1 day) but for now student money is tight lol. Thing is though the wait will be worth it:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yea and when i was learning i wanted a nice looking car that was modded but chose to have a smaller engine as insurance is a nightmare for first time drivers :mad:

·
Registered
408 Posts
funniest one ive had was a guy in a tarted up polo thought my dads bmw was a 316 sayin cheap mans car out the window and that, he booted it off the lights, my dad let him go a bit then sunk the shoe. My dads car was a 3.0 V6 Turbo Diesel, So safe to say mr polo got wasted. He didnt even look at us at the next set of lights.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yea they do scam us but wat else we gona spend our hard earned cash on ehy? Lmao good man them Bm'w Turbo Diesels can definatley shift! :thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts