All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
my corsa b was broken into the other night.The thieves tried to steal it but failed.They have however broken my ignition barrel.I have managed to get an identicle barrel from the scrappers but it wont go in properly.The majority of the barrel goes into the housing but it wont click in.
I have tried and tried but am getting nowhere.With it being a bank holiday im unable to get anybody out to see it.
I need the car for work tomorrow too so im quite anxious.
I would appreciate any advice.
Thankyou

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
I had the same issue, if you look down into the barrel you'll see an arm/lever at the end, it's the trigger for the steering lock. On mine this needed to be pushed away and it clicked then I could slide the barrel in easy as pie. They are fiddly, but they do go in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had the same problem also, i had to change my barrel because the old key i was using was chipped and breaking (So didnt want it to snap and i would be stuck). I eventually got the new one in and now my car won't start? Does anyone know of anything like this? The Key is NOT an Electric one. I have looked it up a little and all i can find is something about the immobiliser I dont understand how i can get the car working again, i am currently trying disconnecting the battery for the night but i don't know what else to do????? CAN SOMEONE HELP!!!!!!

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
You need to ale the chip out of the old key

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Yep, as Vegas said, your old key has a small black immobiliser chip inside it, open the key and take it out. Now open your new key that you got with your new barrel and put that small black chip inside it (the same place you took it out of, there's a little hole for it to go in)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yes but i have tried to open the new one and it doesn't open. Sealed around realizing its not got an immobiliser, so i have tried putting the old barrel back on and the car is still not starting with engine warning light on ( which say's alot online that's because the immobliserrs kicking in... ?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Warning light flashing? Or just on

·
Registered
225 Posts
You need to get the immobilizer chip into the new key somehow lol that's all i know about that sort of stuff.. As for replacing the barrel all I can help you with there is how to get the old one out.. Although I'll be replacing my barrel and switch soon so will post a step-by-step on what I did and how to do it for anyone else who needs help in future.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts