All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have recently bought a 2003 1.0ltr 3 cylinder vauxhall corsa. The garage told me it was in perfect condition. But after a few days it became clear the engine wasnt running smooth.

I put it in the garage and they said the ignition coil wasn't "sat properly" so I changed it for a new one. Problem still excisted.

When I took it back they said it must be the cables to the coil pack. I have read on forums that it could be loads of things.

The engine revs high when starting then drops down to the point where the engine feels like its about to stall. Its recently began misfiring for the first few minutes then stops and the car shudders slightly while sat still. And when I was overtaking a tractor the engine light came on...and is still on.

Any ideas? Iv have already spent £50 changing the coil pack, that hasn't done anything.

Cheers

·
Registered
149 Posts
Misfiring is so often spark plugs or coil pack, Have you whipped the plugs out and chcked them? They're about £3 each, so you could just go ahead and replace them if they haven't been done recently. If the engine light has come on, you can read the codes with the pedal test. Let us know what it says and we can go from there :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts