1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys , nice site :)

Sorry for first post being begging for help , but in need of some advice on
a 1.5td

Just before xmas, we had some little s^^^^ bent back drivers door and smashed the ignition to bits leaving just the cable block ( they took the barrel nothing else)

So after not even a visit from the old bill i went and got a replacement rack from the breakers , but now having wired up the replacemt rack ,all it will do is turn over will not fire.

The car has a transponder ring , but the only keys weve ever had with it , they do not have chips in them , bog standered keys

the glow plug light comes on and all intsruments work, but when turning it over the fuel gauge is going down , and when stopped turning over it goes back up ,

And now im at a loss :( so if anyone can maybe shed some light , would be very gratful

Many thanks Morph

·
Registered
497 Posts
Firstly welcome to the site.

Ok so your car never has had the chip in the key or anything, but if you've got a new barrel or ignition parts from a breakers yard, maybe you got one that DOES use a chip and its expecting to be used by a key with a chip? If thats the case it wouldn't fire up but would just turn over like you described. It's a long shot but maybe the breakers have got the key? I think you can get away with just having the chipped key on the keyring without actually using it (as long as it's within range from the sensor) and just using your normal key in the ignition. Failing that, maybe get another ignition thing (whichever it was you had to replace) but get one that has a key with it?

Sorry if thats a bit long or confusing lol. Hope it's of some help. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi lee .. thanks for your reply

the ignition is the same as previous one, ie( i just cut the old wires off the block and joined them up , and the breakers gave me a key to go with complete wiring block n barrel and same type of key ,(just a plastic key)

After i found the car broke into , and saw the transponder hanging down , i was shocked as i didnt think this motor had a imobaliser on with no chip in key ect

:confused:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got told they came in on the M ours is on a N

Even so... if the keys dont have chips in , how do they work ?

all ive mamaged to find out is that they go round the barrel , but its started first time every day for the last year n/ps

so ...puggled

·
Registered
393 Posts
there's 2 types of keys for earlier corsa's, one has a square-ish plastic tag on it and the other is more rounded and has a circle in the middle (thats the one with the chip in it).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Have had a close look at the keys , both look same size and one does have a small circle moulded into it

so is there a way round this , tried putting the dud key to the transponder ....but nothing ..same

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Check all your fuses. There is a possibility that upon wiring up your new ignition, you may have shorted a fuse.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well it seams that if some little tw** takes your ignition barrel your up the swanny :(

gotta have new barrel and recoded ..... would sooo much like to get my hands on there theivin pinkis :D

cheers for the help , ..:thumbs_up:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts