All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gona go and look at some amps later today but people keep asking me how many channels i want on my amp i just wana run my component door speakers off them and my 6x9's and for it to be loud and clear so how many channels do i need :confused:

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
You need 4-channel then mate, but why dont you buy the combo i showed you in the reply to your thread? But i wouldnt use 6x9's, amping some components will be more than enough, amping 6x9's will jus give out to much bass and wont be clear and will ruin the clarity of the components in my opinion. And if you want to add a sub you will have to sacrifice the 6x9's so you can wire the sub upto the amp.:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
you dont need an amp for your door speakers they will be fine off your head unit, and yeh like said ^^^ wouldnt have the 6x9's and door speakers, maybe get a sub with door speakers, is what ive got and sounds ace, also alot of subs now the amp is built in inside the sub enclosure

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Yes those are usually cheap crap things, spend a bit of time researchin on google etc... and you will see, most the amps in those things are nowhere near powerful enough, and running components off a HU is stupid, you are going to spend around £100 on components that are gonna be about 100WRMS each and give them a whopping 13-15WRMS each from the stereo, whereas if you spend a bit of cash on an amp for them you will be giving them the suffiecient power and the sound difference will be amazing!:)

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
you dont need an amp for your door speakers they will be fine off your head unit, and yeh like said ^^^ wouldnt have the 6x9's and door speakers, maybe get a sub with door speakers, is what ive got and sounds ace, also alot of subs now the amp is built in inside the sub enclosure
Read the other thread you have said this in and CorsaJ's post underneath.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts