All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm so excited and i just gotta share it with you all! :2jump:

Lee and I put in to buy are council house under the 'right to buy' scheme only a couple of weeks ago....we were told it would take around 2 weeks to get a receipt for our application letting us know if it had been accepted, but only a week later we got a letter asking for proof of Lee's residency with me for over a year...which we send that very same day! ofcorse :D

Then we were just left waiting thinking it would take a further 4 weeks till they got in touch to arrange a valuation. But after only another week we just recieved the letter today!!

So.....next Thursday they are coming to value our house and then make us an offer!

I'm so excited i could cry!

The house used to be my mums house you see and by a bizarre chain of events when my mum traggicly died 5 years ago the council offered it to me. It always felt like mum wanted to make sure i was looked after and even the head of council house allication at the time said 'if i dont give you back this house i feel i may be struck by lightning' :lol: And now my dream man and I get to buy it and make it our real first home and yet again it feels like even though mum isnt here anymore bless her shes still looking after me :)

(please excuse any typing errors or blundering spelling mistakes but it hard to see with eyes full of tears) :)

·
Registered
801 Posts
That's good to hear Laura, hope everything goes well and everything gets processed quickly.

:)

All the best.

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah we'll do something special thats for sure :D Think we'll save the Moet for when all the papers are signed and sealed though, even then it may be Lambrini...gotta watch those pennys now for the next 20 years :laugh:

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cheers guys and i'll keep you updated ;)

In the mean time if any one want to make a donation to my car moding fund i'd be very grateful as i can see the house taking priority for some time :D

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Cheers guys and i'll keep you updated ;)

In the mean time if any one want to make a donation to my car moding fund i'd be very grateful as i can see the house taking priority for some time :D
I'd say you don't need a fund. That astra is not far off perfect.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts