All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 1996 N reg 1.4 16v X14XE

I am learning mechanics at college so when i new my head gasket was going i thought i'd use their facilities in the hope of making the job a little easyer.
Now, after changing the gasket and skimming the cylinder head i started up the car, it ran but was losing fuel from the engine bay at an alarming rate! dint have time to exactly locate the problem as the college was closing for the half term, so had it towed home to try and finish it as im starting a new job litteraly in the middle of nowhere so the car is badly needed. I started to look at it today so thought of starting up the engine to create a 'fresh fuel trail' but it wouldnt start, whiring noise like when the battery is low, so got my fully charged jump pack to it and it still wont start!

Please help :-S

Thanks in advance any help is good help!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I'm not expert on Mechanics, but I did a few weeks work experience at RAF Odiham working in the vehicle workshop and I was fixing DAF and Bedford trucks (a little different to a Corsa I know) but I replaced the fuel lines and the head on one of them and started it up and it p****d out diesel all over me, turned out that the injectors weren’t tightened enough, so check that, if its not that I have no idea.

Regards, Dan :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying :-D well thats what i thought. They were a bugger to remove and refused to go back in, ok i know im not at all strong but when my tutor and several other people couldn't either, my tutor got a hammer to them and said yeah there in. So im also wondering if he might have split one or something! so i took the top part of the inlet manifold off and and checked them out but looked alright hence i wanted to create a fresh trail but when the car wouldn't start mt heart sank.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Thanks for replying :-D well thats what i thought. They were a bugger to remove and refused to go back in, ok i know im not at all strong but when my tutor and several other people couldn't either, my tutor got a hammer to them and said yeah there in. So im also wondering if he might have split one or something! so i took the top part of the inlet manifold off and and checked them out but looked alright hence i wanted to create a fresh trail but when the car wouldn't start mt heart sank.
Haha, your tutor sounds like Jeremy Clarkson :p and I can't help much more, have you made sure there is fuel in it yeah? Stupid I know but it might have drained it if it was red before you turned it on. If not, is the engine flooded? Other that that I cant think why.

Regards, Dan :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I haven't got a clue about this so don't laugh if it's completely pointless, but could it possibly be the coil pack? I don't know why, it just popped into my head, but I don't think that would explain why petrol was pissing out of the engine?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well it turned out to be a loose pipe that wasn't 100% tight, (damn fussy thing lol) but i still cant figure out what caused my batt to die so suddenly good one eve but dead the following morn, oh well, i now have a jump pack thats working but also another problem, i start up the car and it goes basserk!! goes straight to 3200 rpm then slowly goes to 4000rpm i darent let i go on so switched it off. I suspect that I havent put the breathers back in the right places. I have my Haines manual but it aint much cop concerning breathers. Does anyone have a map of where each one should go?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Have a look at the accelerator cable, and make sure it is as it should be. Sounds like a stuck throttle, did you route the cable the correct way? Check all the vacuum hoses are connected and that they are not cracked or burst. Is absolutely everything replaced as should be, no spares lying about, no mates taking the mick either? Did you disturb the throttle body in any way, thinking too much air in the mix, did you replace the top inlet manifold gaskets? Check all the sensors again as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.