All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just started it yesterday - have taken of the "vauxhall", "corsa" and "LS" badges which came off easy with hot water and now I'm just left with that strong as hell glue s**t. Have managed to get the bigger bits off but just need something to remove the smaller bits - the paint under the badge looks fine was worried it would be faded or something. What are your recommendations for getting the glue off and is there anything else I should do to finish off the job.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i just heated it up a bit with a hairdryer (not to hot) and rubed it off with my hand then t-cut it.:)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I just rub really hard with a finger and it comes off. Makes your fingers sore though.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah I think it is. It's basically the same principle as the badges but on a larger scale.

·
Registered
696 Posts
alot larger scale :) but i didnt go wrong with WD40 a card and alot of patience.... :) if you heat the side strips a little first you might be lucky and the glue might come off with the strip like one of mine did :p

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah get a hairdryer on it first.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well i got some meguiars bug and tar remover and seems to be doing the trick - got more glue off, seems to loosen it a bit and is easier to take off but didn't get much done cos it was late afternoon I started and was starting to get bloody cold and dark. Will post some pics up when its done

·
Registered
136 Posts
wot u need is a power drill,connect a rubber wheel to it then rub it of with tht.duznt damage the paint and takes about 5mins to do the moulding strips ;) pics when ur done
cheers

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yea i'm going to get one of them cos i've heard about these things for a drill that just take the tape off and nothing else. Just about finished debadging back just a few bits of glue to rub off and it'll be done and finish off get rid of the glue stuff from one of the LS badges. will start the door strips this week or next. will post pics 2moz if i get debadging finished

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
any ideas/links where I can get one of these rubber wheels for my drill - debadging is basically done just some small amounts of glue residue which I will take off with hot water when I give it a wash and have now started doorstrips. I took off the short one on the passenger side but its taking ages to get glue crap off with my old credit card so wanna get one of these wheels to speed things up a bit

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
B&Q? Ebay? MachineMart?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Not a clue, I've never heard of them.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts