All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Incorrect Speed on Gauge

Ok, my fuel gauge is a little off i believe, it never really shows a full tank, usually one tick below, also when i am going downhill the needle will go up on the gauge, and when uphill the needle goes down on the gauge(from original position). I'm thinking in the float in the tank, or whatever it is that reads the level in the tank. Could this be a gauge issue as my speedometer also reads 10 kilometeres higher then it actually is(only after 60 kilometeres/hr).

Its not a HUGE deal seeing as the fuel gauge works still just kinda wondering about how to solve this. ALso good to note that the fuel light works normally, when it gets that low it will come on and when i fill up it'll take about 38 litre(40litre tank) to fill it up.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Corsa is not very accurate in fuel and hills will make a difference as its a float system.
Wouldn't effect speedo, what would if Niger than factory wheels

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
its stock wheels, and as i said its not a HUGE issue as it still works, was just wondering about that. Might as wells switch this to a thread about the spedo though lol.

Basically it accurate till about 40 kph, then its off by about 5 until about 60kph the higher it goes the higher its off. At about 120kph its off by 10. I haven't touched the wheels its running um....165/70/13. I was thinking about just replacing the spedo but this might not solve the issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.