All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi;
I have a 3cyl Corsa 03 plate. Turn left, straighten up steering and indicator won't self-cancel, same to right.
I've read about the cancel mechanism/peg and ring arrangement; has anybody got a jpeg of the bit that needs replacing?
Is component part of steering column or indicator stalk?
thanks,
snowie

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi buddy, first off all welcome to the forum :welcome::thumbs_up:.

the electric connection could be wearing out on the indicator stalk or

the plastic cam that returns the indicator back could be breaking/broke. I'd try getting a different indicator stalk first.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks William; I've been offered several stalks, but am trying to establish exactly what component needs replacing, a picture would help. Even my local Vauxhall garage didn't have what you might call an "exploded view". They'd not come across the problem before (this was parts dept).
I've heard of problem on another forum, but no detail. Frustrating; don't want to get wrong part,
regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dannyboy 17; thanks;
are you suggesting that replacing the stalk will replace the bits that are worn? Have you had the same problem?

I don't plan to strip a stalk apart. I've read that the faulty part is some sort of ring and peg; doesn't sound like a stalk. I can't find a drawing of the assembly anywhere,
thanks

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys;
I found a local Vauxhall garage that knew exactly what it's likely to be and isn't charging the earth. New part fitted while I wait. Sorted, not worth hassle of breakers. Now I can sell the car and not expect to see it again
alan.

The switch is apparently on the stalk, and a peg locates in a notched ring that is part of the steering column

1 - 7 of 7 Posts