All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i recently fitted a universal filter to my mates corsa 1.2 8v and noticed it had a pipe comming out of the front of the engine feeding into the airbox. my 1.4 does not have this so was quite confused.

is there a filter that fits on the end of this pipe and how will this effect m.o.t

cheers

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Dont fully understand that, are you saying there isnt a pipe from your airbox to the engine?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
right at the moment there is a pipe coming from the front of the engine which vents fumes back into the airbox but it is uncovered because the filter has replaced the air box. do i need to by a filter for this pipe if so what kind a price :D
cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yer i brought one of them but it did not fit. no where near fitting so i assumed i brought the wrong thing ?

·
Registered
408 Posts
im guessing the pipe you mean is the breather pipe that comes from beside the manifold?

P.s take the induction kit off, will cause really bad flat spots with heat soak etc.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Do you mean the plastic pipe that is attached to the slam panel (where the VIN plate is) that acts as a feed to the (now absent) airbox? If so you can remove that it's kind of redundant without the airbox.

You're better off replacing the airbox though in all honesty, just drill it and then replace it (leaving the air feed pipe mentioned above intact). There's a guide in the Help Section regarding drilling your airbox. It works a treat and beats the hell out of buying an induction kit which can actually do more harm than good in a lot of cases.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Is it the silver pipe that comes from in front of the engine just over the exhaust manifold? If so it is just a pipe to heat up air as it goes into the engine to help the engine warm up quicker and help with combustion. Removing it will not affect MOT and it will not affect the way the car runs.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah, i think that is the pipe hes on about, when i got my corsa someone had already removed that pipe. It wont effect how the car runs in any ways and will not affect the MOT. I would get a picture of my induction kit up but my camera is on the blink, i may give it a go later.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
any pics of the engine bay? the pipes just to let a certain ammount of hot air into the engine to stop freezing, its not important at all and i know very little people that actually have the pipe still fitted it affects nothing, the filter on your car should be ok the 1200 16v ecotecs have lots of proplems when they get a filter fitted cause there lots more air and they dont know what to do with it but the older 8vs are bullet proof and if its the older 1200 ou should get a fair bit of noise of it as the never one had another box to quieten it down :(

d

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah my 1.2 8v, is as loud as feck with the induction kit fitted, almost as loud as the exhaust.

Heres a piccy

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Are you meaning the bid silver pipe? because that is just a cold air feed and with an induction kit your alot better off keeping that. It wont affect the MOT either.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
even with that "cold air feed" itl still be sucking in a **** load of red hot air though.
derestricted standard airbox is much better IMO

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Corsasi I agree with you fully there but at least that induction kit has a cold air feed going to it.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah im thinking about ripping my induction kit out and getting a K&N pannel filter and drilling the standard airbox as ive still got that stashed in the garage.

Worth it just to see if there is a difference in any way.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
If your going to drill, try and get that cold air feed to go up the opposite side to give more cold air to the box.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah, i did have a look and tried to get it up over the wheel arch to get it away from the engine, to keep the air cold, when i fitted the induction kit. But it was a bit of a nightmare so went for the easy option of where it is now.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yeah, i think that is the pipe hes on about, when i got my corsa someone had already removed that pipe. It wont effect how the car runs in any ways and will not affect the MOT. I would get a picture of my induction kit up but my camera is on the blink, i may give it a go later.
got it in 1 also put the airbox back on wish i had myn, put it straight back on!¬!¬!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts