All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joanne got her insurance renewal in from Admiral at the end of last week.

Her premium last year was £715.28 and thats with interior modifications declared.

Her Car insurance premium quoted to her last week for this year is £501.65 again with interior modifications declared and 1 years no claim bonus.

I have done a quote with Elephant and they have quoted her £401.63 with interior modifications declared.

Do i get her to ring Admiral and say that Elephant have quoted this are you willing to beat it - are they likely to?

Obviously once she passes her test we will declare her othe mods but want to get best price first with just interior mods declared.

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
Give em a call, always worth a try, tell them you got this quote and are thinking of going with it....

They will always try to keep you ;)

·
Registered
696 Posts
I wouldnt even bothered declaring interior mods tbh, but its your call. it may be an extra cost you dont need. as for everything else, you could argue it came like that as standard, all the colour coding and spoiler etc

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldnt even bothered declaring interior mods tbh, but its your call. it may be an extra cost you dont need. as for everything else, you could argue it came like that as standard, all the colour coding and spoiler etc
We declared it from the start when we first got the car as we were changing the steering wheel etc first. Happy just to have it declared though as I know what insurance companies are like - if they can find any reason not to pay out in the event of an accident they'll find it :)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ring the insurance company and tell them u can find the insurance cheaper elsewhere, see if they can match or bet the quote you got from elephant!!

Let us know what they say x

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Elephant seem decent. I'm with them. My price is just under £900 (but I've had 2 claims since I've been driving). That price is for my alloy etc. So, I think that's reasonable :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea Admiral have been decent aswell - really friendly on the phone in the past so should be fine - would like joanne to stick with them if we can.

Think i'll get Joanne to to tell them that we have had a quote from Elephant of £421.63 as the £401.63 is if you are buying online and paying all at once - that way admiral only have to lower around £80ish and we will stick with them and we'd be happy with that price - what you think or should i tell them £401.63?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Yea Admiral have been decent aswell - really friendly on the phone in the past so should be fine - would like joanne to stick with them if we can.

Think i'll get Joanne to to tell them that we have had a quote from Elephant of £421.63 as the £401.63 is if you are buying online and paying all at once - that way admiral only have to lower around £80ish and we will stick with them and we'd be happy with that price - what you think or should i tell them £401.63?
Tell them £401.63 - & then haggle a bit :D

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally got it sorted!

First off the quote from Elephant was actually £498 because we hadn't ticked 2 options - it was also a little cheaper because buying outright online gets you 10% discount but jo wanted the 10 month bonus accelerator so needs to be done over the phone which dosen't get you the discount.

Anyway we phoned Admiral and "apparently" they had sent us out the wrong quote - it should of been £585.

We phoned them back after discussing options and she got a friendlier woman - jo said she wanted to cancel policy and woman went and spoke to pricing team and came back with a quote of £522.67 which would be initial payment of £52.15 and then 9 further payments of £52.28.

We were happy with that as elephant would of been higher than that and even quote we were sent - the monthly payments were £5 higher so we have stuck with Admiral. Just waiting for new documnts to be sent to confirm what was said on phone is what she is paying - fingers crossed!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts