All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to renew my insurance and inform them about the changes i've made to my car which is just alloy wheels, frnt headlights and rear light clusters.

And Direct Line said they cannot insure my car with modifications as I am under 25 yoa. any ideas? Its due to renew at te end of th emonth so I have a bit of time.

·
Registered
390 Posts

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
yeah churchill did that with me but i just did the mods anyway an changed company when the policy expired.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK direct lines renewal was £600 as standard car. and admiral (who have the option to add changes) said £1000. and that's just for alloy wheels

·
Registered
390 Posts
try adrian flux
(you'll need to phone them )

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
try norwich union they were cheap for me.when i only had alloy wheels an a couple of other bits adrian flux were really expensive but now with an engine conversion there really cheap.:confused: i think they must only like more highly modified cars.

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
I've only declared my wheels, still costs me just over 1900! :| will declare rest when i get my no claims though, i have enough expenses with being forced to move etc lol, fires aren't freindly :(

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
try quinn direct :thumbs_up:
i know people with bad experiences with quinn, they seem to like dragging claims out, a small accident my mate had with a quinn driver is still waiting to receive any sort of payment and his accident was early january!

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On my car I have changed front lights, rear lights, alloy wheel, rear wiper, side repeaters and soon the bumper and a grill..

Which of those do i have to declare?

·
Premium Member
18,555 Posts
On my car I have changed front lights, rear lights, alloy wheel, rear wiper, side repeaters and soon the bumper and a grill..

Which of those do i have to declare?
you should declare all mods so all just to be sure! :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK no worries. Now all I need to do is sort out my finaces lol! You even have to declare colour coding.

·
Registered
390 Posts
when declaring mods tell them EVERYTHING so it gives them absolute no excuse if it came to making a claim

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
At the moment with admiral I have interior changes declared on joannes car which has allowed me to change seats door cards etc and all this is covered - made sure they told me this on the phone. Once she passes and can drive i'll declare exterior decorative mods, alloys etc.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts