All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Insurance quote and thoughts on Honda Accord Typer R's

Just got a quote on a 2.2 honda accord type r of 2300, this would be for being 19 with 1 NCB in a cat D area and parked on the street, didnt think this was too bad considering I am paying 2000 now on a 1.4 corsa.
So what are the thoughts on Honda accord type r's, would be around a 2000-2001 model?

Edit-mods change title to insurance quote and thoughts on accord type r please.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Civic quote was probably more as they are seen as more boyracerish (new word :p) cars.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol civic type-r insurance quote is 3900 for me lol, lucky I perfer the Accords.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Accords are nice and the reason the Civic is so much more expensive is cos the Accord is the Civic's baby brother, and is also a "Civic wannabe for those who cant afford Civic's"

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Accords are nice and the reason the Civic is so much more expensive is cos the Accord is the Civic's baby brother, and is also a "Civic wannabe for those who cant afford Civic's"
So this would affect the insurance in what way :confused:
So I cant afford a civic, thats why I would rather buy an accord :confused:

·
Registered
713 Posts
would mean that the Civic is a slightly higher class of car being the "better bigger brother" of the two and is therefore slightly more atteractive to thieves, slightly more powerful etc etc so therefore will be seen by a different light by insurance companies etc

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok I understand what you mean now, just came accross in a different way.
Well think I can live with my car being slightly less attractive to thieves, so thats another positive to buying the atr :p
However the atr is more powerful, even when it comes to bhp/weight figures
ATR 212ps or 209bhp over 1305kg = 162.5ps per ton or 160bhp per ton
CTR 200ps or 197bhp over 1240Kg = 161.3ps per ton or 158.8bhp per ton.
However the vtr is meant to be better in the twisties, however for a 18/19 year old I dont think its a bad 3rd car. However have you gone any other suggestions for same price range, as I do want to keep options open for a bit longer.

·
Registered
713 Posts
sos, probably could have explained myself a lil bit better perhaps. just the way things are, insurance are weird companies.

tbh i wouldnt know of any other cars in the price range, but honda's are good engines and overall build quality arent that bad, apart from the new civic, theyre not so good, my mates one keeps falling to bits lol :laugh:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Nath read it again lol, its a car thts slightly below the civic, for those that cant afford the civic, and bridges the gap between those that cant afford a civic but still want decent power etc

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thing is ctr's do seem to have quite a boyracer look and do have a particular image for the people that drive them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts