All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my friend last night and he said when your a young driver (as im only 19) that as you get older and develop your no claims your insurance gets cheaper which is correct!

I insured my car in feburary when i was 18 and when i re-insure it next febuary im going to be going on 20 with hopefully 1 years no claims bonus!

Does anyone have any rough idea what percentages should be knocked off my current paying price? :shocked:

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
nope, no one can really say. depends on where you live, your job, the company... the day of the week, if the guy giving the quote is in a good mood or not......

... if the sun is out,.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that sucks i hope it does drop! As i insured in when i was 18 with all the modifications declared and im paying a whopping £2250 a year with Liverpool Victoria and thats only TPFT on a 1.2 sxi :(

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
TPFT - 18 - £1250 (Quinn Direct)
TPFT - 19 - 1 NCB - £675 (Quinn Direct)

Both on Corsa 1.0 12v in my own name although i checked and was same amount for 1.2 16v. Doesnt go up for mods either.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I Have Been Royally Scammed :eek:
Did you look around for quotes? I was gettin huge quotes like what you were paying until i found quinn. Ive found them to be brilliant so far as iv declared all the mods im in the process of having done and they havent charged me a thing extra. Also looked into getting a 1.6 Sport and to change to that meant i had to pay an extra £100 on my premium taking it to £775 which at 19 i dont think is too bad. Best part was that i also rang them to get a quote for when I've done the XE conversion an with my 2 years NCB they want just over £1000.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
tpft-17- £1200 1l ax (tesco)
tpft-18 1 ncb £500 1l ax (tesco)
fc -19- 2 ncb £600 1.4 corsa all mods declared (tesco)
tpft- 19-2 ncb £700 2.0l corsa all mods declared :D (flux)

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Well that sucks i hope it does drop! As i insured in when i was 18 with all the modifications declared and im paying a whopping £2250 a year with Liverpool Victoria and thats only TPFT on a 1.2 sxi :(
Mate i got quoted £1086 for a 1.3 convertable by these guys you been ripped off:laugh:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.