All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was talking to my friend last night and he said when your a young driver (as im only 19) that as you get older and develop your no claims your insurance gets cheaper which is correct!

I insured my car in feburary when i was 18 and when i re-insure it next febuary im going to be going on 20 with hopefully 1 years no claims bonus!

Does anyone have any rough idea what percentages should be knocked off my current paying price? :shocked:

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
nope, no one can really say. depends on where you live, your job, the company... the day of the week, if the guy giving the quote is in a good mood or not......

... if the sun is out,.....

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well that sucks i hope it does drop! As i insured in when i was 18 with all the modifications declared and im paying a whopping £2250 a year with Liverpool Victoria and thats only TPFT on a 1.2 sxi :(

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Just change your age and have a quick try on confused.com, probably your best bet to get a rough idea of the price.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
TPFT - 18 - £1250 (Quinn Direct)
TPFT - 19 - 1 NCB - £675 (Quinn Direct)

Both on Corsa 1.0 12v in my own name although i checked and was same amount for 1.2 16v. Doesnt go up for mods either.

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
I Have Been Royally Scammed :eek:
Did you look around for quotes? I was gettin huge quotes like what you were paying until i found quinn. Ive found them to be brilliant so far as iv declared all the mods im in the process of having done and they havent charged me a thing extra. Also looked into getting a 1.6 Sport and to change to that meant i had to pay an extra £100 on my premium taking it to £775 which at 19 i dont think is too bad. Best part was that i also rang them to get a quote for when I've done the XE conversion an with my 2 years NCB they want just over £1000.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
tpft-17- £1200 1l ax (tesco)
tpft-18 1 ncb £500 1l ax (tesco)
fc -19- 2 ncb £600 1.4 corsa all mods declared (tesco)
tpft- 19-2 ncb £700 2.0l corsa all mods declared :D (flux)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
who was that with and did you have your own policy?
Directline and im on my own policy, good way to make your policy go down is to add your mum and dad and even grand parents as secondary drivers :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Well that sucks i hope it does drop! As i insured in when i was 18 with all the modifications declared and im paying a whopping £2250 a year with Liverpool Victoria and thats only TPFT on a 1.2 sxi :(
Mate i got quoted £1086 for a 1.3 convertable by these guys you been ripped off:laugh:

·
Registered
180 Posts
im with liverpool victoria and on my own insurance 17 years old with mods declared and im paying 1900 quid which isnt too bad since i was quoted 6000 with one company lol :eek:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanx for the info guys think ill give quinne a ring next as the majority of things ive heard about them seems to sound good :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts