All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know about you, but i think this is a bit of a joke:

my insurance with two years no claims and 2 years driving is £690, which is pretty good. my friend, who is female and is 19 (same age as me), has just passed her test, and got an insurance quote around the same price as mine with 2 years no claims.

i cant understand how insurance for females is so much cheaper. there are women on the road who are as bad as us men. you guys agree?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but that dont mean we are all like that though - i think its unfair on us guys who are sensible when we drive

·
Registered
88 Posts
yes i do agree with you there. someone i know who is female was quoted about £850 on a 1.4 putting down her details as just passed. i did the same and was quoted £2900!

i can maybe understand a bit of a difference but it shouldn't really be that much. like you say there are women who are as bad as men.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
£2000 is a joke of a difference really. we all passed the same test, we should get the same quotes. if these boy racers decide to rally around like they are michael schumacher, they should be the ones to pay for it, not use sensible drivers

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Fact is it will never change now - too many young male drivers in last 10 years etc have increased insuranced our policies because of the way they drive etc. Yea there are bad woman drivers out there but the male population are classed more as a risk mainly due to the fact that more males are generally interested in cars.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh i suppose - just think its harsh on people like you and me

o well - suppose it aint going to change like u say. still think its unfair

·
Registered
3 Posts
And the sad thing is, you can't really prove that you drive sensibly and that boy racers drive as dangerously as they do either, they all think were the same!! And not all of us are! :mad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts