All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vauxhall Corsa Mk1 1996-1997

The dials across the center console (Heater, blower speed) are all unlit however my hazard light button and my radio still work, so I'm pretty sure it's the small bulbs behind the dash rather than a fuse.

However where can I get the small bulbs from? I can't find them anywhere on the internet??

Help would be much appreciated, also the exact bulbs would be perfect e.g. the amp/volt etc. Thanks

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
They're 501 bulbs. Plenty on ebay.
Because they come on with the ignition, not the headlights, they blow often, so it's worthwhile upgrading to LEDs. Avoid the cheap LEDs though as they don't last any longer than normal bulbs and it's not a job you want to do often.
There's a guide in the tutorials section of the site for how to get at them.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers, any chance you could link me? New to the forums etc. Will definitely invest in some LED's instead it's a ballache to get behind the dash in the first place

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quick question, since the bulbs only light up when the ignition is on, is it necessary to disconnect my battery? Or can I just remove the front of my stereo and avoid dismantling the heater sections and it be okay? Granted the power on won't damage anything

1 - 6 of 6 Posts