All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

First off this is my first post, i was on corsacrazy but i don't have a corsa, its my girlfriends corsa i ask questions about (Corsa B)

I'm thinking of getting lockwood dials for it and then chaging the lighting from standard to blue- using this from ebay- http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CORSA-B-TIGRA-BLUE-LED-DASH-SRI-GSI-IRMCHER-VAUXHALL-XE_W0QQitemZ140055735408QQihZ004QQcategoryZ36681QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
What ye think? i see a few of the members on here have done simular mods inside, i'm fairly handy with electrics so i think i should be ok.

I was also thinking of getting a 52mm rev gauge and a pillar pod-

What ye think? (i know i could get GSI etc clocks that would have a rev gauge but i dont really wanna change the mileage reading and i think the gauge might be a nice touch there)

So can anyone give any suggestions/views?

Thanks in advance,
Anthony :driver:

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
actually with these gauges how do you wire them up on the piller? for instance the rev counter?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
First off:welcome: Fjo.

I'm not sure on the lockwood dials as I haven't seen them before for the corsa although they do look good in other cars.
As for the clock backlighting, LAD VXL is the best person to speak to about it.

I think the idea of the pillar pod and rev gauge isn't too bad an idea. Will look quite good IMO.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually with these gauges how do you wire them up on the piller? for instance the rev counter?
I'd imagine the gauge would need a power source, then be connected to the speedo some how, there is meant to be a wire behind the clocks i can connect it to (fingers crossed!)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
First off:welcome: Fjo.

I'm not sure on the lockwood dials as I haven't seen them before for the corsa although they do look good in other cars.
As for the clock backlighting, LAD VXL is the best person to speak to about it.

I think the idea of the pillar pod and rev gauge isn't too bad an idea. Will look quite good IMO.
Thanks for the welcome!

I'll PM the aforementioned member, hopefully he/she will take paypal and post to Ireland!

I like the idea of the gauge, i have a boost gauge in my tdi golf, situated in the same place and my girlfriend loves it! She doesn't know about any of this, she thinks i'm just taking the car to get a new headunit :D

·
Registered
696 Posts
if the corsa is a 1.2 8v you need to watch if you were going to swap dash for sri or gsi anyway, as the early 8v,s were cable driven speedo. the sri ones are electronic, i found this out when i put sri dash in and it didint work :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
just go to motorworld and buy the blue lights think there £2 does the same job as the clear lights accept blue!
as fot the rev counter ive fitted one with no problems! its just findin the rite leads etc!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
i really want a rev counter! and want diffrent lighting and clocks! dont know how though....

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
dont just get the cheapo ****ty motorworld nailvarnish covered sidelight bulbs for your clocks, that what i did and their not bright enuff, get the led ones, i think you only need 2 or 3

·
Registered
521 Posts
i want a rev gauge but was told it wasnt possible to fit them them unless ya ave 1 as standard or can ya fit them to all makes and models

·
Registered
393 Posts
my 52mm Tim rev counter is mounted on the A-pillar in a pod like that, i had to pass a cable all the way through the dash to the ignition coil amplifier for a rpm signal, other than that all it needed was a 12v+ and an earth.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts