All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, first post here.

I've googled the problem and searched threads but I'm still stuck so I decided to register and see if anyone can help me.

the car - corsa club v reg 1.2 16v

the original problem - intermittent power loss, particularly when stopped at lights after driving at speed, and under load. a drop in power for a second or so then the power seems to kick in again as if nothing was wrong.

what I did to try and fix it - googled the problem. disconnected power to the maf but problem persisted so re-connected. then i cleaned egr valve and this seemed to help for a short time then the problem returned - aha! i thought, the culprit has been found. brought a cheap egr valve from scrapyard still had same problem. disconnected power to both maf and egr valve, and blocked egr exhuast outlet in order to keep vacuum in the intake manifold.

if i re-connect just the maf the problem returns. so for now both maf and egr have power disconnected

problem has very nearly gone, except when i'm driving on the M-way at speed, if i go abit too fast then drop back down to normal speeds, power loss occurs again when im doing 60-ish.

i'm not a mechanic by any means but i am pretty able at most things so i like to do things myself wherever possible.

the only thing i can think of that has changed since i've had the car (is my sisters but im using it for now) is that i've bridged the power terminals on the new radio so i can listen to it without keys in and keep radio station memory etc. i dont know if the problem was there when my sister had it, she's learning to drive still, and i've been out with her before all of this and i don't recall feeling it but as a passenger it's not so easy to feel.

other than the above there's nothing i can tell thats wrong with the car.

many thanks for any help

tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
forgot to add - the temp gauge in the car is stuck at maximum. i know its stuck cos in the morning its still there, but it has only just been like this, after i discconected the maf and egr i believe but not sure exactly when. just trying to give as much info as possible.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.