All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so had my car two months has always started first time untill now, think this has happened maybe three times, basically i start the ignition and the usual dashborad lights come on but sometimes i notice some of the lights dont appear when this happens, the car wont start just turns over i have to try again and it works, but once just as i was about the stop it did fire. we do have an error on the elctronic/immbobiliser light it comes up as p1616 were looking into at the mo we found this cause hta light came on while driving sunday, could the two issues be related or do i ave two problems.

might also add i think my ignition barrel is a bit iffy as sometimes i need to wiggle the key bk and forth before it click through to start the ignition. like i say only maybe happend two 0 three times but would like to sort it before it comes a major issue :)
thanks heather

·
Banned
885 Posts
Intermittent Starting Issue

It does sound as if yo might be ready for a new ignition switch, but depending upon which of the warning lights it is that fail to light, it might pay to check for poor connections - try removing and replacing each fuse a couple of times, that will probably be enough to clean its contacts.

Regards.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.