All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found a decent speedtest site if anyone is interested. I find it handy to check your internet speed if your having problems or your ISP claim your getting full internet speed when your clearly not :mad: .

http://bluefield.speedtest.frontiernet.net/

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Thats a cool little test, Tiscali says im connected at 2.3Mbps

Acutal speed 962Kbps and 242Kbps upload speed, explanation please... lol

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm apparently connected at 4.0Mbps (meant to be 8.0)
Actual speed 806Kbps and a similar upload speed to yours clutch.

And they insist there's no problem from their end.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Think we have been mugged off! talk about overrated figures, yeah i suppose its always our fault ;) nothing to do with them.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
According to that one:
Download 2293Kbps, Upload 379Kbps.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
showoff

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
3801 down 918 up ... *******s using all my bandwidth :( should be more than that!

·
Registered
497 Posts
We've only got a 256kb connection, and apparently I'm getting 238kbps download and 236kbps upload, pretty good considering our connection :D

By the way a lot of you are getting slower than what you think you should be getting, but you do know that the further away you are from the exchange the slower your connection will be?

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
heh you might not get what you pay for because BT isnt allowed to roll out technology that it should have years ago, anti-competition bull****e!

anyway, you pay for a UP TO xx service, so it can be anything up to that amount!

mine, was at work ;) i know for a fact the link out of the office i was in is a 10mb pipe to the next office... but anyway :p

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yep, my problem is I once did have a good connection, and now I don't, which is down to my ISP being crap :mad: .

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
lol mine is 3787 and 354

1 - 20 of 48 Posts