All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

I've posted this here as I think this is the best place for it, it technically involves electrics i'm sure!

Basically I feel like a right muppet, i've had my corsa 1.2 sxi+ twinport for a few years now. Now when I bought the car the garage said it has bluetooth connectivity, sure enoug theres a little microphone sticking out of the side at the top on the right hand side of my windscreen.

I've never had bluetooth turned on with my phone before, however I turned it on the other day and 'iO Play' pops up. So I connect to it and yep thats my car (or at least an IO Play kit).

Now I tried to make a phone call and I can hear the person but they can't hear me, which obviously means the microphone isn't working. The sound isn't exactly very loud though.

However, when I try and play music, the sound goes extremely quiet and turning it up on my phone or using the car volume doesn't do anything.

I've looked around online and can't really find any solution, I've also had a look around the inside of my car and I can't seem to find anything that relates to the iO Play. I noticed the new iO Play2 systems have a small box that sits on the dashboard / airvents which handles everything. This is no where to be found so I'm guessing the previous owner took it, or the first iO Play didn't have one?

I did however come across the attached image which sits inside below my radio / cd player area. Just in front of the gearstick and above the small storage tray.

http://i43.tinypic.com/15dfds.png

I'm not sure if it relates to anything to do with the iO Play at all.

I'm not too fussed about using it to make any phone calls, I'm more interested in getting the volume turned up so I can play my music from my phone through the car speakers etc.

Any ideas? As you can probably tell, i'm a novice when it comes to cars! :)

Cheers
Scott

·
Registered
398 Posts
Is that not a diganostics port? Might be wrong...

In regards to your bluetooth, daft as anything, have you tried turning your phone up whilst in call and whilst playing music? What phone are you using, it's possible you don't have the correct BT standards? Is your phone connecting in the right mode (bluetooth has 4 modes) - have you tried another phone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts