All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya i am after Iridium Spark Plugs for my Corsa SXi, iv been told that they will knock 0.7 seconds of my accelertion through gears and give better throttle response.

The only place i saw that had them no longer does though :(

Does anyone know where i can pick a set up?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Hiya i am after Iridium Spark Plugs for my Corsa SXi, iv been told that they will knock 0.7 seconds of my accelertion through gears and give better throttle response.

The only place i saw that had them no longer does though :(

Does anyone know where i can pick a set up?
LMAO! unfortantely mate there is no way in hell that will knock of 0.7 off your o to 60 time, no matter whats sparks plugs you use, they are not a performance modification. All they do is ignite the fuel, some more efficiently than others.

You have been told a bunch of lies :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LMAO! unfortantely mate there is no way in hell that will knock of 0.7 off your o to 60 time, no matter whats sparks plugs you use, they are not a performance modification. All they do is ignite the fuel, some more efficiently than others.

You have been told a bunch of lies :thumbs_up:
surely if they ignite the fuel more efficiently and faster then they aid acceleration. It was LMF Vauxhall that told me i think.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Not enough for it to make any difference what so ever. It just means emissions will be cleaner. Can you double check if it was LMF, might have to send them an e-mail, its false advertising.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Well you will notice no difference no matter what plugs you use. You would be lucky to knock 0.7 seconds off with a full exhaust system let alone spark plugs.

See it this way, the job of a spark plug is to create a spark to ignite to fuel in the combustion chambers, its the fuel detonation that creates the power. What difference does it make if the sparks are higher temperature etc? Nothing the fuel ignites exactly the same.

Say if it was a stronger and longer spark, this may seem to be better for igniting the fuel, if you ignite the fuel any quicker or at any higher temperature all you get is pre-ignition or pinking as its also known, all this would do is damage the crowns on your pistons and reduce performance.

Spark plugs do not increase the power output of your car. Just like these £2.50 performance "chips" off ebay it doesnt work like that.

The only advantages of buying decent plugs is that they are likely to be more reliable and last longer and will keep delivering efficient ignition time and time again

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok cheers, il bear it in mind, just everywhere i saw it says about the acceleration so i dunno what they are getting at.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Im not sayin dont buy them, if anything id recommend buying some, but whta i aim saying is that they do naff all to performance

1 - 12 of 12 Posts