depends on what you class as better??

better sound?
better quality?
better bass?
better looking?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Erm yes of course it would be!!!! but it all depends whether you have the space, money and an amp which can power them.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
The answer would be yes then, you could say it would be "better" but im not sure what you mean by that, what is it you after? will two of them fit in a corsa boot :confused:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'm thinking of putting them in either side of the boot facing each other. i want a lot of bass so you can hear me coming if you know what i mean ! lol

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
See I want 2 subs to make it look more even when I get my boot build done. However TBF having one sub can be a bit bassy for some music.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeh cant say there is anything wrong with them, the only thing i will say is vibe is a bit over priced.

I have a 300WRMS sub in my boot with it set up correct and turned up it can drown out any other noise, you dont need thousands of watts of bass like people think.

·
Registered
138 Posts
also depending on what kind off music your going to be listening to, will depend on how well your subs perform!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i got my first from halfords for £200 the 2nd i brought off my m8 for £100 so hopefully i should make the ground shake! what you reckon?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
the subs have an in and an out so you can connect to other devices so

1 rca from the head unit to the sub and from the sub to the other sub.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've just been roped into fitting my old bass tube into Alex's car which is a Helmholtz resonator design (bass reflex) made from a length of yellow gas pipe.

I went through all the theory of sound to build it as there was very little on the market at that time.

If you are going to put it in a sealed box, then the speaker cone suspension needs to reflect this as most subs are built to run in a ported enclosure which allows the cone to move back and forth to the limits of its travel - sealed boxes need to be larger volume to allow the air compression behind the speaker.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts