All Corsa Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my stainless steel back box all welded up an i have a slight problem well i dont no if its a problem when i down shift the cars backfires a huge amount spitting flames out the exhuast a good 2 foot i can do it wen i rev the car stranding still f**k knows wats going on but it neva used 2 do it

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
mine backfires when down shifting, not sure on flames as ive never got anyone to watch me drive by lol

what exhaust is it?

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
If it's spitting out flames then there is unburnt fuel coming through. Won't be a problem with your exhaust being welded.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Possibly. He would need it looking at by a garage to determine the cause.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Sounds like major overfuelling, especially to shoot 2 foot flames, you will need a hell of a lot of whack to do that.

I cant see how changing the backbox would cause it to do it. It might be understandable if you fitted a ful system. The cat would of been destroyed by now, and id never seen a standard car flame like you said, especially with a cat.

I sorry but it all sounds like a load of poo to me, get a video up to try and explain it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its really not

aload of poo my freind i will post pics and video as soon as it stops raining i dnt have a cat converter or a mass air flow sensor as its pre 96 its a 4-2-1 striaght thro system ill beshowing a allcorsa memba asap from essex wen we meet up aswell just to prove some people wrong

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
dnt have a cat converter or a mass air flow sensor
thats why it shoots flames then, its overfueling slightly.

and with no cat the flames wont have a restriction.

post a vid

·
Registered
901 Posts
mmm only the backbox and its doing that :S , i have had to have a full de cat and no silencers only the backbox as the silencer on mine for it to backfire :)

I would take it to a garage and let them have alook at it or try and read up on it somewere? as you might be paying for labour and them not doing anything to it :)

*EDIT* didnt read the above post my bad :p

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the cars going under major rework like my mate toms corsa check his sight ill post a link in a new thread its gonna look da tits when its done

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
aload of poo my freind i will post pics and video as soon as it stops raining i dnt have a cat converter or a mass air flow sensor as its pre 96 its a 4-2-1 striaght thro system ill beshowing a allcorsa memba asap from essex wen we meet up aswell just to prove some people wrong
I only said that mate because you said that you changed the backbox thats it.

You didnt mention it doesnt have a cat or a mass air flow sensor, the missing parts which is causing it to flame :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
713 Posts
not wanting to appear as being a killjoy but...be careful if u cant control it flaming and the police see u....they'll take the car off u there and then, and impound it. or worse they'll scrap it. they dont take too kindly to flames etc.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
As i stated in a diffrent post of all the modifications i have currently done the exhaust was made by top gear essex another member had his made dere its top qualit but has next to no baffles to create a deep sound i think thats were my problem is lol

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.