All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got new rims over the weekend had them balanced by the garage they said they couldnt do anymore more but when iv been drving bout 40+ it starts to vibrate is it safe to drive about 20miles on the motorway to a car auction [ looking out for a corsa ] need reply asap as i need to leave in 15mins lol

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
I wouldn't dude, if it's vibrating at 40. What would it do at 70?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
yeah, its just because the centre bore of the alloys isnt the right size for the car, so they will wobble, you need to get spiggot rings to stop this from happening, but its safe to drive with them

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
cheers i really duno now :S they took these orange things out the centre of the rim could that be if , he said it was universal rims tho ill have to try going at 70 ina min to see if i should cheers guys (Y)

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
yeah, its just because the centre bore of the alloys isnt the right size for the car, so they will wobble, you need to get spiggot rings to stop this from happening, but its safe to drive with them
That happened to me. When I got spigot rings it cured the problem. Plus it's very dangerous to drive without them :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i didnt go there in the end :( dint wanna take the chance , cheers mate i shall be getting them then , du u know what size mm id need on a 94 fox 15s ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts