All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just got hold of some Vectra B SRi alloys and they need a slight refurb in places but there is no point respraying the whole wheel as the damage is only small. So I need to match the paint they are painted in straight from the factory.

Will the alloys have a paint code and if so does anyone know what it will be or where I can find it? Or is it simply a case of matching the colour as best as possible and again, if so, does anyone know what the closest match will be?

Regards, Dan :)

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
To be honest mate, I'd respray the whole thing. Even if you get the right paint, it won't look the same as the paint already on the wheels is like 15 years old.
You'll be much better of doing it all, them you can pick a colour yourself.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To be honest mate, I'd respray the whole thing. Even if you get the right paint, it won't look the same as the paint already on the wheels is like 15 years old.
You'll be much better of doing it all, them you can pick a colour yourself.
I'm sh1t at spraying and dont have the money to get someone else to do them for me so thats why i was just going to touch them up :(

·
Registered
172 Posts
get some emerly paper ( or what ever its called) give the alloy/ wheel a good rub down, buy a couple cans of primer and the colour you want. spray it with primer 20 - 25 cm away ( give an even smooth look, wait to dry ( harden) spray the coloured paint ( same again, apply a fair few coats) then if you wanted gloss it.

make sure that the alloy / wheel isn't really cold or too hot or the paint wont stick very well, a warm room i found was best.
if done correctly can look awesome :D

you don't have to be a professional, just time and patients :D

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1 - 5 of 5 Posts