All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been on a friends private runway :rolleyes: and thought I would just see what speed the car tops out at considering that last time it went over 90 just had my foot flat to the floor and would not go past 88 what has happened in the last 6 months for it lose speed like that and i know its only a 1.2 8v but as stated as it has gone a little faster before?

Also some one else took the picture thats why it's a tad blurry

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
i would have thought it would go faster than that my 1.4 8v did 110 but did take a year to get there tho an you've got speedo inacuracey.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah that is the problem I was driving through the night and all today to get to that speed :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
My old 1.2 Ls used to struggle past 70, and that is no lie.
It did have 17's on though and a big bodykit.
Given a good few miles and maybe a slight declining road it used to wind up to 90 at a push.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Here you go:

As you can imagine, there was a fair old amount of wind resistance.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Actually that isnt as bad as it could have being, still that bonnet and the back:laugh:
Much perfer the subtle look of your new car.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
My old 1.2 Ls used to struggle past 70, and that is no lie.
It did have 17's on though and a big bodykit.
Given a good few miles and maybe a slight declining road it used to wind up to 90 at a push.
Lol really?? I got mine to 100mph no problem (going down hill :laugh: ) But it'll easily get to 90mph & will stay there. Who was ****ging off my 152,000 miles then?? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Actually that isnt as bad as it could have being, still that bonnet and the back:laugh:
Much perfer the subtle look of your new car.:thumbs_up:
At the time it wasn't too bad, but it quickly became dated, and I just wanted rid for something alot more subtle and tasteful. Hence my current corsa, which I absolutely love.

Lol really?? I got mine to 100mph no problem (going down hill :laugh: ) But it'll easily get to 90mph & will stay there. Who was ****ging off my 152,000 miles then?? :laugh:
It was fine before the big gay bodykit tbh. :driver:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Lyds_corsa_b said:
Who was ****ging off my 152,000 miles then?? :laugh:
omg you have that much mileage :eek: I suppose it is average assuming you have an m reg (apolgies if you don't) , that makes me feel that my car has a good few years left but saying that when i bought my car in september with 57201 its now over 74000 :eek: but I love driving to much to care :driver:

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Hmm something doesnt seem right, i had 110 from my 1.2 8v on a slight downhill stretch (i have corsacraig19 as my witness too ;) )

They are waaaaay to highly geared though at that speed it was about 5700 RPM the limiter is 6200.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mark330dd - second that

Clutch - It is odd, the engine did not sound as if it was struggling or anything and it was on a straight maybe last time it was high winds down a hill :laugh:

·
Registered
476 Posts
hey mines a corsa 1.2 8v ls with 46000 and mine gets to 90 no probs iv had it at 95 thats with 15s on maybe urs is ready 4 a gd service like jim said

·
Registered
521 Posts
i have the 1.0 12v aan i had that to just over 100 an it still had a little bit to go i reckon 105 tops really and thats with 15's mine will happily cruise at 90 an 80 uphill

·
Registered
497 Posts
As your car gets more and more use I'd assume it's performance would drop slightly over time. My old 1.2 8v would get to 80 no probs, but much more than that and it struggled, 93 was what I got out of it and it didn't seem to want to go any faster. I'm surprised people are getting 100+ out of 1.0 and 1.2's, I've had 115 out of my 1.6 sport but that was nearly redlining it in 5th and I've got 16's........ then again the sports have short gear ratios which would explain it. LOL my mate can get 60 out of 2nd gear in his metro! :D Off topic I know but it's funny lol.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
tbf who cares if it reaches 90-or a 100. Over that it is a ban so why push it, just focus on acceleration, that is more fun :p

·
Registered
497 Posts
Yeah that's what I keep trying to tell my mate, he keeps saying "You may as well have kept your 1.2 because you dont really go over 90" and I try to explain that its more about the acceleration, not top speed ;)

·
Registered
408 Posts
i was very surprised at what 1.6 honda civics can do, we hit 130mph when we were 4 up in our own orivate race track last night and there was still more to go.

Probably wasnt 130mph as speedo's are a bit out over 100 but still quick

1 - 20 of 42 Posts