All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got two problems with my car .Its a Automatic 5 door 99. 1.3
when i excelerate to over take my electric fault light comes on . it go's off after a few seconds . and i can hear what sounds like something lose or knocking about somewhere in the car. now i have had a good look and have only found one thing that's not attached to something.a pipe in the engine . what i want to know is, is it ment to be attached to something ?
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
can you provide a picture as to where it goes to?

·
Registered
149 Posts
It's meant to be attached to something. There are no pipes that go nowhere.

Without seeing where it comes from, can't make any suggestions to where it should go, but are there no spare connections? Possibly on airbox for crank breather?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Take a photo of the other end and we'll have a pretty good idea of where it's meant to to.

Also, Vaux don't use zip ties to connect the pipes together, so that's been positioned by a mechanic. Might not even go up to the header tank! It would just be put there so it doesn't look like it's disconnected

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's the gearbox oil breather, there's not normally a pipe connected to it, there's a plastic cap on it that's removed when changing the oil.

You can leave is disconnected, plug it, or take the breather screw with plastic cap from another car/breakers

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
most likely lol. there not my usual garage. had to take the car there as my other one had moved and not told me where. so i was sat outside with nowhere to go. had to go next door but hate using a garage i dont know

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.