All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok since i bought this corsa i have noticed some lagging,,,for example on the motorway sometimes when i put the car into 5th gear and put foot to the floor it starts to lag like its being fuel starved and the eml light comes on if i lift of accelerator or change down a gear it goes back to normal and the eml goes out and car seems fine,,,,if i hold down pedal the light stays on ,,,,when i set off from a standing start very fast it does pull but so far up the revs it lags it does still pull but lags like its got no fuel or no air or just something it doesnt like,,,,i had the car on motorway yesterday and it was pulling ok only had eml light once,,,,,,,,had it at 80/90 (on my own imaginery private road)

i dissconected the maf 10 mins ago and apart from the eml light coming on it didnt seem to make any difference to the way its ticking over,,,i didnt drive it,,,,,,but please help as i moaned i might need one and some nice person bought me a brand new 1 today £30 so i want to be sure before i replace and how common are these maf sensors to go on a 2000 corsa b X10xe

if this is not the problem ,is it worth replacing the maf anyway or keep for a spare

·
Registered
9,410 Posts
Get codes read rather than guessing. But if it runs better with the MAF disconnected then the MAF is dud. You can drive it with the MAF off so try it.

Cheap ones are not worth the trouble they cause. Buy a genuine one.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does it store the codes even tho the light goes out,and had a small run in it and it seemed better the new part is exactilly the same as old even number and that and came from a car site so im guessing its real the company i phoned wanted 60 and this 1 came from the uk

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont really have pennies at the moment with insurance and tax plus just got new wheels so i have changed the maf for now i hope and pray this is the problem,,,,,,,,can this corsa take the paperclip test ,,and if this isnt the problem ten where should i possibly look next

1 - 5 of 5 Posts