All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have recently bought a kenwood stereo for my corsa. The girl at Halfords said i'd need a ISO adapter which i duely bought when I bought the stereo. However, without the adapter, the stereo still works fine. Is this because i dont need it, or is it because i'm really stupid and have overlooked something?

Just need to buy the aerial adapter, or its CD's and MP3's all the way!

Gav

sorry about the jumbled question, i'm pretty new to all things car!

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Well if it still works then you didn't need the adaptor. Maybe it had an adaptor already fitted. Halfords are great at suggesting things you don't really need LOL :)

Radio is over-rated, i never listen to it any more, CD and IPod all the way :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well if it still works then you didn't need the adaptor. Maybe it had an adaptor already fitted. Halfords are great at suggesting things you don't really need LOL :)

Radio is over-rated, i never listen to it any more, CD and IPod all the way :D
hah, thanks alot! Will go back down there and then start planning the LED's in the central column!!

Gav

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
to be honest i hate halfrauds, but the girl at halfords did the right thing by advising you to buy the ISO adaptor, as many people encounter problems due to not having one..
my stereo already had one (due to my brother buying one)
maybe you already had one with the stereo?

i believe with an ISO adaptor it links all the wires to the correct place on the stereo, so without one you could have a half functioning stereo.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah the ISO adaptor basically takes the standard Vauxhall wiring and makes it fit the new head unit as the wiring has changed over the years.

My mate bought one for his corsa and after a few weeks the head unit had stopped working, i took a look for him and the wires on the adaptor had melted and stuck together :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hmmm, i have noticed that even when playing cd's, it does go into demo mode... could that be why? or have i just pressed something on my stereo?

the model is...

KDC-W3037A

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Yeah and also remember :
if the cd player Memory doesnt work, switch the red and yellow wires ;)
Whats the for, swapping round the direct battery connection and the ignition connection? My mates wiring is ****ed basically i need to fix it for him one day, nothing works unless the ignition is on :(

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
could the loss of memory be why my stereo keeps starting the cd from the beginning everytime? and flashes up with demo mode constantly?

·
The 2nd coming
22,451 Posts
well, it losses memory... so blatantly yes. it cannot remember where you were in the CD or that you turned demo mode off....

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
All sorted out now, getting the aerial lead to reach the back of the stereo was a problem, so i had to take out the cigarette lighter compartment to reach! all in all, surprised even i could do this job!

·
Registered
611 Posts
to be honest, when it comes to the ISO connectors for Corsa's (and other Vauxhalls which share that connection), the adaptor may or not be needed. i've done a good few stock>aftermarket headunit changes lately, and on an astra, its certainly needed, but purely because it makes things easier due to the length of the stock cable. as people have said, changing those 2 wires will solve the problem, but sometimes you need to get the adaptor purely to make things easier :laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts