All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If i touch the throttle on cold the revs die on me and it goes to cut out

once it Warms up (5 mins) and Drops to 800rpm - From 1200 i can touch the throttle And ease it on And its fine

As soon as you give it more than 50% throttle it Delays and Tries dies
Is this my headgasket :( I didnt think this was a Typical headgasket Problem

Yes i unplugged my MAF and there was no difference
its not been Serviced for 2 years and been sat

Shall I get some new plugs I took them out and The left plug Is Yellow around The tip And the rest are clean.

If i get new plugs and its the same what could it be?
Cheers

vid

·
Registered
957 Posts
Your thermostat is knackered mate, thats why its over heating, theyre cheap so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.
As for the other problem, I have no idea =o

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Sounds like got air in the system mate

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds like got air in the system mate
Yeah thats what I thought
Gonna stick 12v on the fan If it Dont spin then its that
remember this Cars had 12v Stuck on it backwards lol
Im just so Happy it works :p

Ide also Like to say a big Thank you to Everyone For Your ideas
You Guys Pointed me in the right direction And saved me £££ :)

Ill be Posting Progress on the Heating System And filter!
:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
If you take the plug out of bottom left of radiator, and bridge the two pins in rad, it should make fan move, if it does, then its either rad thermostat on the rad, air lock, or thrmostat i think

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you take the plug out of bottom left of radiator, and bridge the two pins in rad, it should make fan move, if it does, then its either rad thermostat on the rad, air lock, or thrmostat i think
Saved the Day again Vegas :)
Dads gonna take it for a spin Tomorrow Around the Block and test how she runs
Im gonna do the Rad Test Thursday :)
i can feel water going into the rad... in the piped
When i squeeze the water in the pipes This Kicks water out the Expantion Tank (only when its boiling)

So the connection is fine through the rad
Just the fan wont Kick in...

Got a feeling the Thermo has blown.. After all it did have 12v + - Connected Backwords and an attempt to start :/ lol

all i can say is hey i got it running
I was Just about to let it go For scap Money
=]

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
well to remove air lock, leave engine running and when the water gets to boiling point loads of ai r will be pushed out of the expansion bottle(with water) just do this few times, squeezing pipes at same time will also release any air. then make sure you top up the coolant

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well to remove air lock, leave engine running and when the water gets to boiling point loads of ai r will be pushed out of the expansion bottle(with water) just do this few times, squeezing pipes at same time will also release any air. then make sure you top up the coolant
but By Coming out i meen shooting 3 foot against the bonnet while its up
And drenching the whole of the battery and ECU lol...

I dont think its air man
I meen the temp gauge is way up in the red when the water bubbles
and the main fan isnt kicking in :)

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
What do you think is shooting all the air up? its pressure in the system, take lid of squezze most air out pipes by hand, then turn engine on and let it do the rest

·
Registered
759 Posts
You are not supposed to run the engine without the coolant tank lid on!, it's a pressurised system. Except to remove airlocks. Scalding water plus skin.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Yeah, and I sid to do it to remove an airlock..

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, and I sid to do it to remove an airlock..
Found the Problem, To get the fan working I Gave the fan a Direct live from the Battery Still using the Earth it has now, It kicked in at around 100c Proving The live side of the Fan Circuit Is down, Aka Fuse or Relay Or Wiring Problem

·
Registered
23 Posts
Will this be the same for a 99 1.2 16V...I can't find the plug you're speaking of ?

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Yes mate, if it doesnt come on stright away, wait for the car to get to the point when fan should come on, then try it,this will show either airlock or dodgy rad swithc

If you want to check the fan physically works just put a live from battery onto the fan connections and earth to the other

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bumpedy?
Allcorsa Seems pretty dead, i need some helps on this problem

ordering a new MAF sensor camshaft sensor and original airbox and new plugs ive just replaced the crankshaft sensor and ECU

if that doesnt help what next?
Timing Chain?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Not the timing chain no way, like i have PMd you i had similar problem, after the situatuin explained in the PM, i drove it in revs as it was about to cut out in 1st gear then its all back to normall, but i could still feel the power loss. so definetly will get that checked out and update you with whats happened!

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Not the timing chain no way, like i have PMd you i had similar problem, after the situatuin explained in the PM, i drove it in revs as it was about to cut out in 1st gear then its all back to normall, but i could still feel the power loss. so definetly will get that checked out and update you with whats happened!
pm replied

1 - 19 of 19 Posts