All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 20 of 642 Posts

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, thought it was about time I started myself a little project thread! She's got 58,500 miles on the clock and has had one lady owner! The cam belt and water pump was changed last week, and a nice new bonnet due to the old one having some minor rust bubbles. It's the 1.2 8v Merit 5 door, so no rocket ship but I love her all the same!

Plans are:
- Lowered 40mm (done)
- GSI bodykit (colour coded)
- Debadge (done)
- Spray interior pieces silver
- A good old polish! (done)
- Smoked side repeaters (done)
- New number plates (done)
- Possibly change the boot lock surround
- Sport Interior (done)
- Sportex Cat to Back Exhaust System (done)
- Calipers and Drums Painted (done)
Any more suggestions are welcomed!

Here's some pics of the beauty anyway:

A close up of the refurbished alloys

The old hubcaps

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A merit with an airbag and alarm? :-O

Never seen that before! I thought even the stereo was an extra on these.
I was shocked myself! Even got electric windows :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
8,012 Posts
Doesn't make sense. Merit was the bottom spec, but this has things only the high spec ones have.
^^^ My thoughts exactly?!

Would look much better with colour coded bumpers but the bodywork looks sound and the mileage is great for a car of that age.

Very good base to start with.

Smoked side repeaters and some new number plates would probably go a long way as well mate :)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^^ My thoughts exactly?!

Would look much better with colour coded bumpers but the bodywork looks sound and the mileage is great for a car of that age.

Very good base to start with.

Smoked side repeaters and some new number plates would probably go a long way as well mate :)
Cheers for the suggestions, I'll add them to the list :)

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bloody hell your car is exactly the same as mine but mine is a 3 door lol. Nice car though get the mods going :)
5 door all the way! ;) Thanks bud I'll get stuck into the mods as soon as :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
I can only assume the original buyer went for all the optional extras?
I wouldn't have thought it was possible. Even if it was, it would have probably been cheaper to just buy a higher spec one. :-S

Looks like you got a bargain there.

Must disagree with above though, 5 doors for the lose :palm: :p

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldn't have thought it was possible. Even if it was, it would have probably been cheaper to just buy a higher spec one. :-S

Looks like you got a bargain there.
Yeah I'm chuffed to bits with it!

Must disagree with above though, 5 doors for the lose :palm: :p
Bring on the 5 door hatin' :laugh:

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
Thats not a standard merit. Its had an electric window conversion by the looks of it.

Where are your electric window switches because I can't find them in the picture. Also the old wind up window handles seem to have been blanked with a tweeter, when vauxhall would have put electric cards in if was an extra, which it wasn't in the merit.

IIRC the extras where centeal locking and power steering, nothing else.

Even that CD player wouldn't have come as standard or an extra as they are the ones from post 97 sports. The optional CD players would have looked different to that I think, even if they were available.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thats not a standard merit. Its had an electric window conversion by the looks of it.

Where are your electric window switches because I can't find them in the picture. Also the old wind up window handles seem to have been blanked with a tweeter, when vauxhall would have put electric cards in if was an extra, which it wasn't in the merit.

IIRC the extras where centeal locking and power steering, nothing else.

Even that CD player wouldn't have come as standard or an extra as they are the ones from post 97 sports. The optional CD players would have looked different to that I think, even if they were available.
Ahh I see! I must say my knowledge of the different corsa trims and extras is quite limited.

The switches are in the centre underneath the cd player (where the red tree is)

Its got central locking, no power steering though.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Ahh I see! I must say my knowledge of the different corsa trims and extras is quite limited.

The switches are in the centre underneath the cd player (where the red tree is)

Its got central locking, no power steering though.
Aftermarket electric windows then mate :thumbs_up:

1 - 20 of 642 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.