All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an exam on thursday and as soon as i am done. have an interveiw for a brand new resteraunt, fine you may think but you are mistaken. i have never had a propper job interveiw and also there isnt one specific job role i will be interveiwd fir there is practicly every kind of job in a resteraunt , including one deputy managers job badicly i dont know what to do.

tldr: job interveiw, what do

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Although they have lots of positions (let them tell you about all of them) don't say your willing to do any job. After hearing about all the jobs, pick one or two that seem best to what you can do and tell them you'd like either of them. If you say you'll do any job it makes you sound desperate and so less likely to consider you. Also, don't lie and say you know how to do something when really you don't. Instead be honest but say your willing to learn to how to do the task

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
full trainings given on all roles anyway as its a new resteraunt so i think its just what job i think im beat for and they may still put me in a difrent poition if they think im beter suited to it

·
Premium Member
8,051 Posts
All you can do is listen to what they have to say and ask questions that are relevant. Impossible to coach you to every role, just tips and tricks of how to come across.

·
Premium Member
8,351 Posts
and a wash and make sure your suits clean and uncreased. firm handshake.eye contact.

do not say "um" or "err"

·
Premium Member
9,047 Posts
you needcto be fully shaven too. ill warn you now the resturant business is very stressfull

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
I worked in a resteraunt when I was about 13/14 just doing washing up, and helping the chef with food. Only one night a week. Saw alot of people gettjg stressful but also in the kitchen when quiet its quite a laugh.

Just do any job, can't afford to be picking and choosing

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I worked in a resteraunt when I was about 13/14 just doing washing up, and helping the chef with food. Only one night a week. Saw alot of people gettjg stressful but also in the kitchen when quiet its quite a laugh.

Just do any job, can't afford to be picking and choosing
happy with whatever job good thing is i will know alot of peole there anyway as im doing a corse atm to get tge job lol

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
Posts above have already mentioned eye contact etc. A interview however daunting it may sound is supposed to be a two way conversation. I had one the other month. Started off talking about weather which went to working on cars and then we talked about cars for about 10 whole minutes lol. interviewer said how she had problems with saxos and I just knodded my head and talked about my project etc.

Every two people on the face of the earth can relate to each other in minimum one senario, some two people have same birthdays, maybe life experiences, maybe job role etc so you have to figure out the common ground and talk about that.

But lol, forget about the above, just go in there, be confident, smile, laugh, but don't do it all at once and also ask questions about the role, about the company, do plenty of research on the company so when they ask you "what do you know about us" you'll have an idea of what to say.

Just hope for the best, act natural, don't be unbelievably polite as saying thank you every 10 seconds, don't lie.

These are the things that have helped me in the past, You just have to be on the "same wave length" as your interviewer.

Relax ;)

Also compliment on the restaurant build and say it's very nicely built out etc.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
A tip I have, is to ask what personalities the other staff have or what they are like to work with and are they willing to support other members of staff.
Most interviewers have not been asked this so this question sticks in their mind, and therefore so do you.

It also catches them off guard since its not a common question and something they have to think about there and then to give you a response.

It also shows that you are genuinly interested in supporting and working with the staff already employed by the company which is a key aspect in most managerial positions.

Also do a bit of research on the company and mention to them about something they have acheived within their branch/store.
Eg, if they ask 'Why do you want to work for Joe Bloggs Restaurant' you are ready with a response such as 'After Joe Bloggs Restaurant obtained 5 stars in the Scores On The Doors Award for food hygeine, I am confident that I am able to ensure I exceed the high standard set out by the company and expected by the customers.'

This will impress the interviewer that you have not only researched the company but given an example on what you would like to acheive/maintain for them and you are already aware of the expectations they will lay out for you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts