All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I went to Sainsbury’s earlier and there was a girl stopped in the middle of the car park with her hazard lights on so I stopped and she said her battery was flat. I was a little confused as her hazard lights were on but she said the battery kept going flat and asked if I would jump start her car.

I connected my cables to her car and I gave her the other end of the cables to connect to my car that was already running. It heard it spark and looked over and she had connected them to the wrong f*****g terminals, as in, Pos to Neg and vice versa but she hadn’t attempted to start her car. I quickly took them off my car and turned them the right way round, jumped her car and then we both drove off.

My car didn’t cut out and I have stopped and started my car several times this evening without any problems but reading up on it, it seems that it should have done something to the car whether it be a blown fuse, dead battery, dead ECU or the batteries exploding but nothing has happened.

Is it possibility that my car is fine or am I going to wake up tomorrow into a world of problems?

Regards, Dan :)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I would have a very good guess that if it was going to have caused problems, it would've done it instantly, not delayed.

Reactions: Daniel119

·
Registered
588 Posts
that will teach you for letting a woman at it.....worse thing that can happen is you screw you or her battery more chance of being yours because yours were on the wrong terminals,,but because her battery was flat and you never tryed to start it am guessing you were lucky enough not to do any damage..as long as the car starts the next morning everything will be cool

hope you gave her a bolloking

·
Registered
588 Posts
fair enough,but if i was offering someone a jump start i wouldnt put leads on there car and let them put leads on mine,,,,thats asking for it,,,

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that will teach you for letting a woman at it.....worse thing that can happen is you screw you or her battery more chance of being yours because yours were on the wrong terminals,,but because her battery was flat and you never tryed to start it am guessing you were lucky enough not to do any damage..as long as the car starts the next morning everything will be cool

hope you gave her a bolloking
I would have done but it was like 11 at night and she seemed really scared so it would have been a bit tight but I considered it at first :p

oi not all women are that dumb. but i wouldn't let anybody near my engine, some men dont have a clue either you know
Yeah I won't be letting anyone do it again, or tell them how to before I assume its common sense :)

But anyway, car starts fine this morning, asked my dad this morning as he is a sparky and he said as her battery was completely flat and they were only on for a few seconds it won't have done any serious damage, just shortened the life of the battery.

Cheers for the replies, Dan :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.