·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have a 2005 corsa c,

Struggling to find what could be the problem
Symptoms:
Jerky and jumpy when in 1st and 2nd gear when your not on accelerator. It's litrally bouncing about..

What could cause this?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Is it a running fault or tyres etc, if its a running fault i would start off with new plugs and air filter if required, and do a code test...Fred in Essex.

Hi

I have a 2005 corsa c,

Struggling to find what could be the problem
Symptoms:
Jerky and jumpy when in 1st and 2nd gear when your not on accelerator. It's litrally bouncing about..

What could cause this?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ok well if the Lambda sensor has gone it could run really rich and might run poor like that, also if the sensor has gone it could have gone onto limp home mode and may not run very well, have you got any test equipment, like an OpCom analizer?....i would delete the code see if it comes back...is it the front or rear sensor...front one controls the mixture...Fred in Essex.

Stuck new plugs in last week no improvement, only code that reads is O2 sensor but wouldn't cause this problem it's a running fault too

Thanks

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there, ok well the back sensor has nothing to do with the mixture, it basically tells how well the CAT is working, like if the front and rear ones both read the same the cat isn't working...it sounds like a mixture problem to me, I cant remember now, but have you had the emissions checked with an exhaust gas analizer, i know someone on here said there car is running really rich and wont go through the test...if not i would ask a garage to do it, if its over 2% co you have a problem with the closed loop circuit...

It might be worth taking the MAF sensor off and cleaning the 2 resistors inside with with some carb or brake cleaner, if there really dirty very carefully scrape them with an electric screwdriver, one of those small ones,,if you give them a good clean and try it again it might help, some people disconnect the MAF sensor and try it like that, but i think it makes it run rich, might be worth a try though...

Have you put a load of injector cleaner in the fuel tank, worth a try, and if i haven't already said disconnect the battery for 1/2 hour, that works wonders sometimes...you will loose the radio code....from Fred.

Yes ive delited the code and dosent alter how it runs at very low speed. Anytging quicker it's fine, it's sensor one bank 2 so the rear one post cat.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive replaced the maf around 2 week ago problem occurred before and after also have done the battery the other day still the same :-/ cleared error code whilst driving home tonight and without any codes still bouncing about

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You are absolutely sure its a running fault and not some driving problem like out of round tyre, i did work on a car once that had same sort of problem and it turned out to be a tyre out of round....might be worth checking the fuel pressure, you might have one or more stuck open injectors....you never know, you could detect that with a pressure test, in theory if you put a pressure gauge on it and start it up it should read say 50 pounds pressure, then if you turn it off the pressure should remain there for some time, if it drops down quickly its a sign that an injector might be stuck open....Fred.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Well it sounds like some kind of fuel problem, trying to think of something easy you could do, i cant remember now have you done a code test? if not you need to do one, it could be the EGR valve sticking open, it should be closed at idle and low rpm, if it stick open you will get a bad weak mixture,

You can take it off and put a plate over the hole just to try it out, see if its any better,,,,when it does all this juddering what is the rev counter doing, look carefully at it, if its flickering around all over the place or falling back down to zero really fast its prob an ignition fault, if it just goes up and down with normal engine revs then it isn't.

Spose you have done the easy stuff like plugs and air filter and put some gunge in the tank, injector cleaner, make sure you haven't got a bad connection on the coil plug, there have been a lot of bad earths on these lately, look for loose or corroded wires around the ecu area and under bonnet, brown ones.....about all i can suggest...from Fred in Essex.

Anything els this could be :-/ struggleing lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Code test showing no faults bar O2 censor bank 1 sensor 2 which has been replaced just waiting to clear the code. Brand new egr valve and mass air

Done plugs air filter n Redex in tank

Shall have a look at Rev counter tonight on the drive home :)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hi there, well the rear one was the right one to change, if it still keeps coming up with the fault it can only be the wiring from sensor to ecu or the ecu itself, possibilities are, new sensor faulty, some fuse associated with it gone somewhere, or the front and rear wiring have been changed over, it has happened, also have a good look at the sensor wiring and make sure it isnt burnt on the exhaust...make sure all the connections are good..have a look under the bonnet for bad earths to do with the ecu, prob brown wires....i suppose you have tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, worth a try...good luck can you monitor live date with an OpCom unit?..Fred in Essex.

Have replaced the rear O2 sensor now too yet the code keeps coming back?

Showing p0136 O2 sensor circuit bank 1 sensor 2.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.