All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
only had my corolla t sport for about a month, an i've just been crashed into, driving home from the gym, driving up the kingsway in EK in the inside lane, straight through the roundabout still in the inside, a wee black corsa comes flyin round the bend, tries to overtake me but looses control.

the corsa ****s right into my drivers side rear quarter, sends me spinnin right across the central res, right over to the opposite side of the road Neutral

i was in the car myself, never been in a crash before so pretty shocked/gutted all the rest of it.

there was 5 of them in the corsa, girl drivin, 2 pals and a couple of guys i would say 17/18/19 year olds.

girl got out and was full of apologies, i got her insurance details etc, went down to the police station and the guy said theres no need to report it to them.

i'm absolutely gutted to say the least, right hand side of the car is ****ed, and steerin wheel sits well weird now, probably with the force i flew over the central res (really high kerb)

anyone know if admiral/diamond have a 24hr line to report or will i hve to wait til the mornin?

also how do i go about it, do i phone her and my own insurance companies?

regards,

a very sad and pissed of mark :(

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Think you phone your insurance company, and they should contact her insurance.

Gutted for you though mate, long as you are ok though. Metal can be fixed.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cheers guys

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Corsa driving Badgers!!!!

Sorry to hear it Mark.
As said just ring your insurance company and give them all their details, they'll do the rest for you.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
just phoned them, said it will be less hassle as we're both registered with same company admiral/diamond, only thing i need to rely on her is admitting liability, and if she doesn't, i'm totally screwed.

it was her fault and she has admitted it, even sent me text sayin shes an idiot and is really sorry, but if she doesn't admit it to the insurance am left with nothng!

my insurance is TPFT, had one moth to go on the policy then i was goin fully comp at the renewal, absolutely unbelievable :mad:

·
Banned
2,661 Posts
just phoned them, said it will be less hassle as we're both registered with same company admiral/diamond, only thing i need to rely on her is admitting liability, and if she doesn't, i'm totally screwed.

it was her fault and she has admitted it, even sent me text sayin shes an idiot and is really sorry, but if she doesn't admit it to the insurance am left with nothng!

my insurance is TPFT, had one moth to go on the policy then i was goin fully comp at the renewal, absolutely unbelievable :mad:
surely the text is enough proof?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Phone your company and let them do the chasing, its their job to, not yours.

Don't let them talk you out of claiming unless you can see the colour of their money on the table. You can retract the claim if they settle, but if your cars a write off, I doubt they have the £££ to settle without their insurance company - provided they have insurance

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
The whole thing might of just been to get your number ;) But I wouldnt worry if it is clearly her fault, then whether or not she accepts liability or not you should still win.

·
Registered
408 Posts
gutted mate:( My mum was remarking on it the other night, "thats an awful nice estate car" pmsl. Hope you get it sorted, You had a poke about it to see what the damage is?

P.s I know might be a bit innapropriate but was the girl nice? if so pics/vids?

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
cheers for the words/help guys

mark i cant really remeber her mate it was dark an a was a bit shocked!

ps what the fook, an estate car :confused: :laugh:

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Sorry to hear about that mate, my friend just wrote his AX off by locking up round a corner and going head first into a wall. Good luck getting it all sorted, hope you have no problems

·
Registered
901 Posts
sorry to hear that mate, you ring your company give them her detials then they contact her insurance, then she gets ****ed over :). Sorry to say this mate but it can take up to weeks to sort out mine was like 2 months :(

1 - 20 of 31 Posts