All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the last hour and a bit writing out letters to try and get an apprenticeship for when i finish college in June.

Here are the list of Campanies I applied to:

1 x Porsche - This is the one i really really want
4 x Vauxhall Garage
2 x Bmw Garage
2 x Mercedes Garage
2 x Volkswagen Garage
1 x Fiat
1 x Nissan
1 x Lexus
1 x Seat
1 x Honda
1 x Renult
1 x Jaguar
1 x Audi

Hopefully i get at least one of them!

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
What do you want to do for these companies you have wrote to then? be a mechanic?

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Nice one, u got the right qaulifications? i reckon porsche will be quite hard to get into. But Good luck anyway, hope you get the one your after :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Audi is meant to be quite a good one to get into if you can! One of my mates brothers is working for them, and he says he has a great time! Learns alot fromt eh guys there (experience wise) and hes sasy some of the cars that come in are great! (Plus he gets to use the ramps after work and at the weekends for his car)!

Good luck :)

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice one, u got the right qaulifications? i reckon porsche will be quite hard to get into. But Good luck anyway, hope you get the one your after :thumbs_up:
You can just get an apprenticeship without any qualifications i think but i will have qualifications by then.
I should have VRQ (vocationally related qualifaction) levels one and two. I was meant to be only finishing level one at the end of the year but my lecturer says he'll be putting me down to sit both exams as he thinks ill pass no bother:D Cant wait to get working and making money:)

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Same here mate, cant wait to finish college, its driving me mad, get a real job with real money lol, either maintenance engineer, or maybe study a bit more and try for a car design engineer :)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Good Luck with it, the majority of what you have applied for sound good.
I'd guess that trying to get with a main dealership would probably work out best for you aswell.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Good luck with it mate.

Same here mate, cant wait to finish college, its driving me mad, get a real job with real money
In all honesty, I couldn't wait either.

I'm now hopefully gonna be joining the boys in blue (I know some of you won't like the sound of this, but I'm not gonna be a cop hell bent on pulling over modified cars!!!)

·
Banned
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Same here mate, cant wait to finish college, its driving me mad, get a real job with real money lol, either maintenance engineer, or maybe study a bit more and try for a car design engineer :)
Are you at college full time? I could never design stuff, I cant draw at all. Ive never had a job before so cant wait to get started. I know when i first start my apprenticeship ill only be earning less than a hundred a week but thats still alot to me especially when i have no out goings what so ever.

Thanks for the postive comments everyone:D

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeh college full time and fit in a part time job too. a hundred a week may not sound like much but if you have never had a job before it will seem like your rolling in money lol, well for the first 6 months anyway. Cant seem to find any decent jobs in my area though :(

·
Registered
708 Posts
I'm earning at least 400quid a month, which is actually just enough for me at the moment.

It will be going up significantly soon of all goes well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts