All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just out of interest what would be the result if I just bought some lowering springs - say for example -50mm or -60mm and just put them on my standard shocks?

Not saying i'm necessarily going to do this - just wondered.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
No no no, not 50 60mm you need shortened shocks to go that low, its recommended that if you do lower the car even if its just 40mm springs its best to get a full coilover kit, the ride quality and handling will be better and you dont run the risk of uneven tyre wear etc

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Shocks and springs are a full kit, there was a thread about a budget setup from LMF vauxhall, £150 for a full kit with shocks and springs, id recommend getting that if your on a budget.

·
Registered
2,672 Posts
Yeh id go for something like that then :thumbs_up: i dont know which budget makes are good though, maybe somebody will know who is good and who isnt.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Definately do not just get lowering springs.
I bought my current corsa with uprated springs on standard shocks and it felt dangerous. It was low by all means but handling wasn't far off standard, with the added danger of it bouncing around.
You will see far greater benefits from getting a full setup, even a budget one will greatly improve handling.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Post away

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
They both seem fine. So long as they are TUV approved and have a guarantee you shouldn't go far wrong.
As for the 40/60 side of things, it give the car a nose down aggressive stance. I'm not sure on the benefits of it though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts