All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Does anyone have one of these fitted, do you notice the effect of it? and if yes what do you notice?

Also if anyone can help me, i want to lower my car but know nothing about it, i know i obviously need lowering springs, what else is required?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
with a k&n you prob wont notice any proformance differance just make it sound better.you can just lower it on springs but you'll be better off getting springs and dampers.:thumbs_up:

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
K&N Air Filters let more air in and sound iferent mate.

Anyone know where you can buy one of these cheap, but not using eBay? Ive only found like £35-40

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
ok mate. so with a drilled airbox, what difference would one of these make? Cos if im gonna drill my airbox I will get one if it doesnt make much different I wont bother drilling either. I mean as in Sound difference

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
when i bought mine i got it as it said its designed to increase horsepower and acceleration, i didnt know of the sound difference till i came on to here so im not sure mate.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
to be honest mate, in regards to drilling your airbox, yes it sounds nice but it can cause flatspots and you wont have such a smooth acceleration curve.

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
For the C I have heard good things about the pipercross air filter, shame you have already bought the K&N or I would of recommended the pipercross. However the K&N should still do the job.
As for the drilled airbox, a few people on here have done it and I havent heard any complaints; have a look at dearings airbox as he has run an extra cold air feed to the drilled bit, which really is the only way you will get gains from drilling instead of just a nice sound.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts