All Corsa Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just done an c20Xe conversion on my corsa b gsi.
I put the 2.0 disks an calipers on which is probably theist common break upgrade ever. I bleed them up and got a really good solid pedal,

Then... As soon as I turn the car on I loose all breaks and the pedal goes to the floor!

The car has abs but no rings on the shafts. As I'm using big block conversion shafts..

I've unplugged the abs and this still does nothing..

Really confused now.. I tried changing the master cylinder but couldn't fine one with the same unions as mine. The breaks worked fine before conversion..

All help appreciated as I'm totally lost now

Thanks mike

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Have you put the servo pipe back into the engine since doing conversion?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine only has one vacuum pipe coming off it.. That's been used for the small inlet vacuum thing

·
Banned
885 Posts
I thought that I had replied to this, but maybe it was a similar question on another forum, also, it has been around for a while now, so perhaps you have got it sorted.
My thoughts are that the piston area of the MC is not large enough for the new calipers.
If this is the case, it may well be that, when the engine is not running (and you don't have the servo assistance) the pedal feels OK, but with the extra boot that the servo gives, you are sending the MC piston further down the cylinder.
it may also be worth checking (with the engine running and the car on axle stands) that the calipers are free to slide and are NOT tending to bend the disc when the brakes are applied.

Regards.

·
Registered
24,002 Posts
Loads of
People do the 2.0 brake upgrade the standard MC is fine for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts