All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I have decided to keep the corsa :)
Because......
A: it has an ecu problem, so I can't sell it with that problem ( but I am getting that sorted :D )

B: I know if I got rid of it, I wouldn't be able to find ( afford :bawling: ) one again

C: And finally I would be bord without it, plus I like the colour of it.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
Awww gdgd hope all goes well!

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Good to hear.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I used to have faults popping up on my engine management light all the time. Never anything major though. Majority was caused by a loose earth.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well , long story short :rolleyes: . all started with it hesitating took it to vauxhall came up with camshaft sensor (plus the engine light was on also). Had camshaft sensor fitted, still hesitating had another camshaft sensor fitted still hesitating had another diagnostic comes up with same thing hesitating eventually went away. Months later new problem jolting in high gears at lower speeds e.g 5th gear at 45-65mph , 4th gear at 30-35, only seems to do it when easing off the accellerator the jolting that is. Took it to vauxhall, diagnostic comes up with same thing :( so the conculsion is that it needs a new ecu or repair/recondition it because the ecu is not responding to vauxhall's equipment. So I am getting it reconditioned/repaired because it's a hell of alot cheaper, and that's the story.

·
Registered
393 Posts
you would have thought that 2 camshaft sensors later and the fault is still there that it isnt the camshaft sensor. hope you didnt have to pay for both of those camshaft sensors and if it is the ecu thats suspect then ask them to try the reconned ecu with the original camshaft sensor if you've still got it. could also be down to a wiring fault, but alarm bells should have been ringing when it kept coming up with camshaft sensor after they've just fitted one.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
didn't pay for both just the one I don't av the old sensor anymore. As for the ecu I'm aving it tested to see if there is any faults in the ecu and I'll hopfully find out whats wrong, I hope it ain't the wiring though :( I know it sounds silly, but I hope it is the ecu that has the problem because I want that orange light to go off :banghead:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got news today that there's nothing wrong with my ecu :banana: , it's something else . :confused: apparently it's to do with the wiring, I'm not giving up until I have solved the problem :D .

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
I know it's a long shot but check all your earths. I had no end of random running problems on my old corsa and it turned out an earthing point had come away on the engine loom. 5 seconds to re-attach and never had a problem again.
Just trace your engine loom from the drivers side where the grommet is all the way around your engine bay.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
is it the wires that run from the ecu up through a rubbery thingy :confused: , O yeah what kind of running problems were you having :questionmark: cheers.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
Yeah they're the ones.
The main problem was really erratic revving on idle, plus when driving it was losing power then kicking back in. I used to sit at traffic lights with it sat at around 3k revs.
Just trace that loom and check every connection, even the connecting plugs going to all the sensors.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is it :D found the problem, it needs a new cog thingy ( part of the cambelt area. A metal piece had broken off it and since the camshaft sensor sits next to it, it was giving wrong readings or something thus not running properly and keeping the eml light on.
So getting that sorted next week :)

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
How much is that setting you back? You should be able to get one cheap from scrappy.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts