All Corsa Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone ever fitted these into a Corsa B? I am wondering about the physical depth of them since it is not mentioned on the box anywhere.

Or can anyone maybe recommend another set that'll fit into the doors on the Corsa B for around the same pricetag?

·
Registered
708 Posts
IIRC they do fit, I know someone who has something like them in his Corsa.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kewl, just spotted them on Ebay for £20 posted so might have to grab a set :thumbs_up: Ta mate :cool:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Just ordered the speakers on Ebay and ordered KENWOOD KDC W4534 CD MP3 TUNER CAR STEREO iPod Ready
headunit too. Baby on the way so made sure my b'day pressie didn't hit my girlfriends bank account too hard.

It was an uneducated purchase but the specifications of the headunit seem to allow for upgrading in the future (sub, amp) and I get the external source input as well as iPod input (even though I don't own one). Also allows for the controls on the wheel when I get round to that :laugh:

Opinions?

·
Registered
708 Posts
If that's the one I think it is, a mate of mine has it and I can't fault it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Buzzin'....so sick of driving around with no sound!

Do you get the cages with headunits normally or are they an 'optional' extra? Also, will I need an adaptor cable to get it fitted using the plugs already in my car? Cheers for the help...never bought a new headunit before.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
It should come with everything needed Sky. Just plug & play.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Larfin' :thumbs_up:

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How about the aerial?....cos us Corsa owners have that funky one that isn't a pin-type :laugh:

Also, can I leave the standard tweeters plugged in? Sorry about the amount of questions, just checking stuff out in readiness. Gonna have to stick the doorskins back on while the cards are off and don't really want to have to take them off again to remedy little things.

The only problem I foresee in all honesty is one of the wires very near one of the blocks is severed, will be hard to reattach it it's THAT close.

·
Premium Member
15,222 Posts
You may need to get an aerial extension for it but it may have one in the box. If it doesn't, they're about £1.99 off ebay.

·
Registered
497 Posts
The standard tweeters are connected to the wires going to the ISO connector, so when you wire the head unit up they should be working, unless you've removed/disconnected them. Head unit looks good for that price, but bare in mind it only has 1 pre-out, meaning you can only run one amp off of it (daisychaining is an option but I'm babbling on too deep now lol) but 1 four channel amp is fine for most people, 2 channels for your comps and bridge the other two for a sub :thumbs_up:

EDIT: Can I just ask what does the standard aerial plug look like? I had to get my head unit fitted for me (got keys stuck in old one) and the connector was a plug with a pin in the middle, but the pin was loose and the radio reception was dodgy, so I went back after a while and asked them to solder a new plug on, but now there seems to be no aerial plugged in at all (at least I can't see one) and they said I don't need the aerial adaptor anymore :confused: Does this mean they've put a non standard plug on? I'm sure the radio signal used to be better than it is now, but I can't do anything because I don't know what they've done with the aerial!

At the back of my head unit (minus all amp wired) I've got the ISO connector, and one other black wire with a weird kind of long round plug, is that the aerial? If not what is it? Just I'm sure that was there before which is making me think it isn't the aerial.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well I got it fitted, but I have a problem with the door pockets...the adaptor pods (Autolead) push the pockets out enough to catch the window winders :(

Gonna have to redo them and figure out how to resolve the problem. Only thing I can think of is putting the speakers inside the pods....I put the pods on first then screwed the speakers on top :mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts