All Corsa Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a new remote central locking kit and got the blanks cut. The car obviously won't start with the new key so need to transfer the chip from my old key into my new one. I can't seem to prize open my old keys so what is the best way to remove the chip????

Car is a 99 1.0 12v corsa B if thats any help.

Cheers, Tubz

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
Your old key should be pretty easy to open - there should be a notch at the back. If you slide a penny or something similar in there and twist it should open.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
lol no openings or anything all the way round... its like a solid bit of plastic. tried to prize it open with a flat head screw driver but still not openening :confused:

Thanks for the reply though mate

·
Pro Spanner Wielder
13,501 Posts
Take a picture of the abck of the key, the bit where the metal keyring would attach to it. There should be a little plastic groove cut out of the back.

Saying tht, even if there isnt, it still comes apart, run a stanley blade along the side of it or something, or get creative with a butter knife. It defaintely comes apart, and it defiantely isnt glued, so...

Try harder, lol.

·
Banned
8,758 Posts
if you dont want to keep the old key just crush it in a vice and it should pop open like a monkey nut
resulting in the chip he needs flying about 30ft across the room for no reason and landing in the most awkward place that will only be found in about 150 years when the world has frozen over and a new form of life trys to work out how we used to live? Lol! Thats what always happens to me anyway when a screw drops, thats it, its gone.

B.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.